JOB SUMMARY: Supports physician and team lead in clinical and non-clinical functions.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinates medical materials required for patient visit.
- Prepares patient exam rooms and cleans rooms after clinic.
- Escorts and rooms patient to exam room.
- Obtains and records vitals (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and weight)
- Prepares patient injection site for physician.
- Assists and applies durable medical equipment as directed by the physician.
- Orders/sends lab work to appropriate facility.
- Administers patient education as directed by physician.
- Assists Supervisor with daily clinical activities to ensure clinic runs smoothly and timely.
- Prepare clinical charts prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Ensure that ancillary and lab reports, etc. are included in the patient chart prior to their visit.
- Schedules appointments (new patient, follow-up, add-ons, referrals, or tests), follow-up appointments (post-testing, post-surgical, etc.) and terminates canceled appointments as required.
- Schedules follow up testing per physician orders.
- Accurately data enters new patient information in to electronic medical records (EMR) file.
- Enters surgical/clinical charges into practice management system, or directs charge tickets to reception specialist when appropriate.
- Updates patient charge sheet to ensure all services and DME are included.
- Accurately scans charts into EMR system.
- Fulfills medical records request on behalf of patient to include outside physician offices, insurance companies, worker’s compensation adjustors, etc.
- Retrieve dictation for patient chart on a daily basis.
- Monitors and works “Hold” buckets on dashboard.
- Responsible for coordinating scheduling of patients tests, assuring follow-up appointments after the tests are scheduled.
- Works “Financial Day End Review” report and dashboard on a daily basis.
- Answers and documents patient phone calls, refill messages and has them signed off by physician.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and reports any quality issues as they arise.
- Interacts with various department representatives in the group, insurance companies, and worker’s compensation adjustors.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED. Nationally Registered Medical Assistant Certification required (must be obtained within 90 days of hire and/or must be kept current).
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience as a medical assistant.
SKILLS: Clinical knowledge in a medical specialization. Must be familiar with billing and scheduling software used in automated health care systems or similar billing and scheduling software. Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Type 45+ wpm.
ABILITIES: Must have the ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, staff, patients and external customers at all times.
OTHER: Must have a valid Driver License. Other duties as assigned as necessary and may vary at times, as needed, by your immediate supervisor or as directed by the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged standing, stretching, and some bending. A minimum of 50 lbs. may be required. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopies, telephone, and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate information to patients and team members. Normal but fast-paced work environment.Company Description
TSAOG Orthopaedics is in search of new TSAOG Family Members to help us fulfill our mission of serving our community today and into the future. The successful candidate shares our “work hard, play hard” mentality and strives in a culture of consistent change and FUN!
Are you that candidate? If so, email us at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below) and tell us why!
To accomplish our mission, a thorough interview process will be conducted to determine if each candidate’s background and qualifications meet our requirements and needs for the vacant position.