Local Candidates & Bilingual Preferred
The Repacking Manager is responsible for oversight of the repacking function and for the inspection and repackaging of produce per customer and sales specifications. This includes creating fruit baskets and other seasonal arrangements. The manager is also responsible for adhering to all safety regulations and good warehousing practices throughout the repackaging department.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise the shift employees – report problems, errors and other issues to upper management as required
· Carry boxes, crates, and sacks of product to and from work station to pallets.
· Inspect product for damages or defects such as, but not limited to; mold, decay, insects, bruising, and cuts.
· Discard of damaged produce as instructed, repackage quality product to order specifications.
· Occasional use of a knife and scale.
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting with other associates.
· Other warehouse duties as requested by upper management.
· Must be able to stand and walk for duration of shift (approximately 7-10 hours) daily on concrete, wood, or vinyl surface.
· Must be able to walk up and down a flight of stairs as required by the job.
· Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to stoop, squat, bend and/or twist to perform various job functions.
· Must be able to reach overhead, forward, back and down to perform various job functions.
· Must be able to have corrected vision to
1. Be aware of surroundings and location of resources and tools needed;
2. Read job related documents and perform various job duties.
· Environmental conditions:
1. Must be able to work around noise and/or vibration generated by the truck and other equipment
2. Must be able to work around fumes, dust, gases and odors.
3. Must be able to work in cold warehouse environments (33°- 56°F) as required by the job.
4. Must be able to work in warm outdoor environment (up to 100°+ F) as required by the job.
Must be alert and able to identify a safety hazard and report it immediately or, if directed, take corrective measures to prevent the safety hazard.
Work experience requirements:
· Must be able to inspect and package product in a timely fashion, keeping pace with work demands. Prior packaging or assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and/or holidays.
River City Produce is an EEO Employer