TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Date: April 2019
Reports to: Director of Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect raw and finished materials to ensure consistency and integrity.
- Maintain, test and troubleshoot all instrumentation devices.
- Test a certain percentage of all products based on industry standards.
- Report problems or concerns to senior management immediately.
- Facilitate our quality assurance programs and ensure our products meet specifications.
- Provide quality training as needed.
- Create an effective, efficient testing protocol to be used across all product lines.
- Work with the management team to prioritize suggested changes.
- Work with department managers to create data collection guidelines for internal use.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to research and interpret technical resources.
- Must be able to work in a schedule-driven environment. Timing is a critical function.
- Excellent at Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school preferred but not required; or
- Two to five years of related experience and/or training.
- Experience with inventories/production/procurement/logistics/etc.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment; however, travel may occur.
Our rapidly expanding company is looking for a Quality Control Inspector who can test, document, troubleshoot and review our products and processes to ensure accuracy and quality. The successful candidate will have a creative, innovative approach to his or her work and will never shy away from offering frank observations and recommendations. We’re looking for a highly organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level in terms of safety, quality and accuracy. A proven track record of experience is essential.