Grand Hyatt San Diego CA - San Diego
Hourly/Entry Level Employee
Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
Req ID: SAN022529
Responsible for shift coverage. Candidate will maintain building and equipment. 3 years hotel experience. Strong troubleshooting skills (electricity, plumbing, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Being able to perform general maintenance repairs.
2. Being able to perform many of the repairs, maintenance, dry wall repair, vinyl wall covering installation and replacement
functions of the job while in a confined space and/or in awkward positions or postures.
3. Being able to perform manual material handling of process and facilities equipment 50 lbs individually or with the assistance of
a co-worker, to include lifting over 50 lbs.
4. Being able to perform general maintenance and trouble shoot on electrical systems, heating and air conditioning equipment,
process equipment, (i.e. pumps, valves, compressors, heat exchangers, column hydraulic systems, etc.) within all areas of the
5. Being able to perform the disassembly and reassembly of process and facilities components (i.e. drains, sumps, radiators,
vacuum pipes, steam pipes, heat exchangers, pumps and valves, gear boxes, motors, controllers, sensors, and monitors,
6. Being able to perform cutting, pipe bending, and brazing, and soldering, operations in the shop areas as well as in the process
areas of the facility.
7. Being able to document repairs in computer programs/hand held devices.
8. Being able to install and repair all types of pumps, agitators, gear boxes, centrifuges, air handlers , water pipes, dry wall,
steam pipes, washer/dryers, kitchen items and electrical as well as control units and sensors in the facility.
9. Being able to work with a variety of power and hand tools, and parts ranging from 1 lb. to 50 lbs individually, heavier as a team
10. Being able to test HEPA filters in the HVAC system, and to perform filter changes.
11. Being able to perform Carpentry work as directed/needed.
12. Being able to climb step ladders, steps and access tops of freezers, compressors or air handlers.
13. Being able to perform swimming pool maintenance and fitness equipment repair.
14. Being able to trouble shoot/repair vacuums, televisions and electric lock repair.
15. Follow state elevator start up requirements when starting escalators.