Propulsion Controls Engineering’s (PCE) purpose is to provide the highest quality services to meet the needs of our customers while ensuring a safety and beneficial workplace for our employees. PCE has a current opening for a Full-Time Driver, at our San Diego California location.
Provides transportation for 14 personnel or less or is responsible for delivery of supplies or equipment to/from job site, shop, or vendor’s facility.
- Conducts vehicle inspection for safety discrepancies or damage, completing timely report of any new discrepancies noted.Obeys all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure safety and security of transported load, equipment, or supplies.
- Periodically checks vehicle fluid levels to ensure compliance with general operating instructions.
- Performs simple maintenance, such as filing gas tank, cleaning interior and exterior.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• High School or Equivalent preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have an exceptional driving record and demonstrate a high level of responsibility.
- Must be familiar with local driving area.
Environmental Factors / Physical Demands:
- Must be able to perform these as well as Essential Function(s) with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
- Must be able to work in a wide variety of environments, conditions, and/or situations; including:
- Will routinely bend, twist, kneel, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day.
- Will sit, stand, and walk for 1-12 hours per day.
- Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift and carry 1-80 lbs.
PCE is an “at will” company.
PCE is a “Drug Free’ company. All potential employees are subject to a pre-employment physical and urinalysis testing.
Are subject to security background screening and must be able to obtain and maintain required/necessary security clearance(s).
Most positions require the potential employee to be a US resident. Proof required upon hire.
Overtime may be required in support of company objectives though it is NOT guaranteed. Travel outside the local area (which may be on short notice) for extended periods of time may be required.
PCE is an equal opportunity /equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.