The Small Craft Marine Electrician for APS Marine boat yard is responsible for preforming marine electrical (AC/DC) maintenance and installations on powerboats, small watercraft, RIBs, and various other vessels.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Electrical component installation and removal. Wire way grooming and repair and replacement of wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnostics of faulty systems, apparatus or parts, using equipment and hand tools to locate the reason for malfunction and correcting the problem.
- Following and preparing sketches and blueprints for proper assembly and compliance with safety codes.
- Use of 12 Volt DC, 24 Volt DC, and 120 Volt AC systems, troubleshooting, testing and repair.
- Work on the installation of ground leads and connect power cables to equipment such as motors.
- Communication of troubleshooting issues to management and providing purchasers with accurate estimates for repairs/replacement recommendations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a dedication to meeting deadlines with quality and accuracy.
- Minimum 3 years of relative work experience with marine equipment and electrical components.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Responsible use of power tools, ladders, wiring tools and shop equipment.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job including standing, crouching, climbing or balancing, and lifting/moving up to 50lb loads.
- Occasional over-time may be required.
- Full-time employees are offered complete company benefits package including medical and 401k.
- Accommodation for sick days and paid time off can be accrued through longevity in position