At First Republic,we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As a Fair and Responsible Banking Program Specialist, you’ll support the Fair and Responsible Banking department on critical tasks related to Fair Lending regulations (Fair Housing Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act); Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP); and other applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. This position offers outstanding development opportunities that will help you establish a career in Fair and Responsible Banking.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Fair and Responsible Banking Program Specialist:
- Play a key role in the maintenance and enhancement of the Fair and Responsible Banking risk assessment covering Fair Lending and UDAAP regulatory risk, which is a critical part of the Fair and Responsible Banking program. The risk assessment requires a thorough examination of products, services, processes, and controls to manage Fair Lending and UDAAP risk across the Bank.
- Participate in the review of monitoring and testing results performed by Business Lines, Monitoring and Testing teams, and Audit to identify any potential issues or themes that may indicate Fair Lending or UDAAP risk.
- Research and stay abreast of Fair Lending and/or UDAAP regulatory issues and enforcement actions across the financial industry as part of the Fair and Responsible Banking regulatory tracking process and develop and maintain a library of regulatory resources that can be readily accessed by Bank staff.
- Collaboratively engage with the internal team and applicable Business Line partners to collectively update Fair and Responsible Banking program documents, applicable Bank policies and procedures.
- Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in Bank complaint data to identify any potential gaps or areas of improvements, to preclude consumer protection concerns.
- Work with Vendor Management and Business Lines, to review consumer facing third parties, and monitor those vendors for compliance with UDAAP and Fair Lending.
- Perform detailed UDAAP monitoring and testing reviews of the Bank’s products and processes, to assess compliance with the applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Remain up to date on relevant financial consumer protection, and Fair Lending and UDAAP regulatory trends impacting Fair and Responsible Banking.
- Participate in special projects or other assignments, as needed, to support the Fair and Responsible Banking department.
- Responsibilities also include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal, and state laws, regulations, and guidance, 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Five or more years of experience working with Fair Lending, UDAAP or other Consumer Protection laws and regulations, which may include a combination of regulatory research, monitoring and testing activities, risk management or audit.
- Thorough knowledge of and hands on working experience with 1) Bank operations, policies, and procedures, 2) consumer products and services, 3) consumer protection laws and regulations, and 4) regulatory risk management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct thorough research, interpret and understand regulations, and provide applicable regulatory guidance.
- Experience performing data analysis in financial services.
- Strong writing skills, preferably with experience conducting risk evaluations or risk assessments and regulatory report writing.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with other groups and team members in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to manage and thrive while addressing multiple priorities and initiatives and flexible approach to new projects and requirements.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver effective reports and presentations.
- A commitment to provide extraordinary service and further First Republic Bank’s culture and values.
- Must be able to analyze regulatory examination manuals, regulatory reports, applicable data and clearly communicate key regulatory considerations.
- Must have experience with documenting and providing guidance on regulations and risk management including addressing regulatory issues and providing recommendations.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.