The 3rd party and Licensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. that handles strategy, sourcing and production management for the products within Gap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensing vendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from private label shoes, to licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Our team provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management.The Assistant role is to support the 3rd Party & Licensing Team, which is responsible for the development, cost negotiations, communication and execution of 3rd Party and Licensed product. His/her role is to enter and maintain absolute accuracy of all data in multiple tools and systems and monitor the post-production processes and metrics directly with our vendors. We are looking for a computer savvy individual with strong Excel skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. He/she must be detail oriented and able to prioritize while managing multiple projects from multiple categories across the team. He/she must be a creative problem solver, collaborative, highly motivated and agile in order to support the end-to-end production process.
- On board new vendors to ensure that they are clear on Gap Inc. testing protocols, shipping requirements, invoicing etc.
- In-season management - Manage production timelines, review WIP reports, and recommend solutions for issues in production process. Ensure on time shipment.
- Build strong relationships with vendor partners to drive product execution
- Responsible for TY / LY costing recaps used for seasonal costing negotiations.
- Confirm seasonal bookings with vendors
- Confirm PO’s are created, sized & packed and accepted by vendor
- Manage seasonal costing hindsight
- Enter and maintain accuracy of data within multiple internal systems: PLM, Tradestone/ Costing Tool, ACT, SCMS and Prompt, Product Change Log
- Subject matter expert for PLM, Tradestone, PCL, ACT, SCMS and Prompt and act as a lead in training new team members
- Communicate deliverables and changes in timelines to multiple business partners. Ensure deliverables across CFT and Vendor partners. Own tapping calendars and sending reminders for upcoming deliverables
- Support Production Managers/Associates with bookings and communication with vendors
- Maintain calendars by tapping the CFT for booking deadlines and upcoming deliverables.
- Maintain the trim chart updated and share out to the vendors on a seasonal booking timeline.
- Own updating SOT report when PO’s are late
- Responsible for Charging vendors back on a monthly basis for any late shipments according to our late ship discount matrix.
- Own coordinating samples and setting up meetings for PSR meetings.
- Follow up with vendors for any missing TOP’s
- Own all PO updates regarding cuts or adding units, this includes new chase requests.
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Learning Agility - desire to learn and change with a ‘growth mindset.
- Experience: 3+ years professional experience in production, sourcing, global supply chain, merchandising or management consulting.
- Quickly adapt to change
- General understanding of retail math and/or comfortable with numbers
- Ability to interpret shifting business strategies. Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment