Network Technician - Northern California Market
Pay: $20-$25/hour, depending on experience
Allstates Consulting Services is looking for a Network Technicians in the Northern California Market who have the following experience:
- Racking and stacking of network devices
- Cable patching
- Physical layer troubleshooting
- Equipment disposal activities
- Installing and troubleshooting Cisco and Avaya IP phones
This position will support facilities management, site security and project engagement with a commitment and desire to satisfy our customer by completing all work at the highest level, always striving for perfection. The candidate must be motivated and self-driven for success.
- Main project is a state wide rollout to replace and install Cisco VOIP phones at all bank locations in California. Includes: Site surveys, Removal of Cisco VOIP and installation of Cisco VOIP.
- Seeking candidates located in San Francisco & surrounding areas, please include city of residency on resume.
- Standard hours: 40+; Hours will vary depending upon project demands.
- Travel Radius-Monterey and up(North) and from Fresno up (North)
Summary: The main function of a Network Technician is to deliver and configure network infrastructure equipment, services and solutions needed to support client networking systems and environments. Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of dedicated and shared data infrastructure such as computers, network equipment and/or other telecommunications and network devices.
Job Responsibilities: On-site support at client premises performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, server imaging, deployment, configuration, rebuild and decommissions. Physically install, configure and test network assets (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in network closets and data center network cabinets. Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network performance issues. Ensure the data network and all related equipment are in optimal working condition. Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed. Utilize network monitoring software tool during maintenance windows to ensure that all monitored network equipment is functioning in accordance with our clients' standards and SLAs, both before and after changes are made. Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of advanced services such as: Wireless- Install equipment and maintain Distributed Antenna System (DAS), WIFI Systems, wireless router, roof mounted antenna and other infrastructure and technologies to provide wireless communications capabilities across clients’ networks and data computing infrastructure. Perform incidental and preventative maintenance on DAS and Wi-Fi equipment. -Video & Audio-Visual (AV)- Install in-ceiling/in-wall speakers & controls, assembling equipment racks, mounting projectors & screens, hanging flat panel TV displays, installing AV equipment and smart remote controls. -Physical Security – Install and service CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) and Access Control: Survey and plan wire runs to maximize material efficiency and safety. Measure, install, and pull wires through conduits for all circuitry. Diagnose install failures and identify necessary repairs.
Qualifications: Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience. 5-7 years data networking experience in field service, data center or related IT technician environment. Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred (examples: A+, Server+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications). Advanced knowledge of critical infrastructure components such as racks, labeling, commercial UPS, switches, routers, terminal server. Heavy work may be required.
Travel required (approx. 75 mile radius), must have a valid Driver's License
Must be able to pass all required pre-employment screenings (background check, MVR, drug-screen)Company Description
We are one of the few staffing agencies trying to make a difference in the staffing industry by disclosing as many of the details regarding our open positions upfront.
• Allstates Consulting is an Ethical staffing operation, we will NEVER present your resume to our client without obtaining your consent.
• The majority of our clients are large employers hiring hundreds of contract professionals.
• On average, one out of 5 placements we make convert to a permanent employee.
• We offer full health/dental/vision and 401K benefits to all of our contractors.