As an operations supervisor you will be responsible for leading your team to deliver safety, quality, service and performance objectives. You will be responsible for the day-to-day warehouse activities including, but not limited to, work scheduling, staffing, supervisory tasks (coaching, guiding, counseling, administering discipline) and reporting related to performance. You will lead and execute warehouse initiatives and maintain an environment focused on continuous improvement. You are responsible for creating a climate of open communication and innovation to generate ideas of continuous process improvement
- Collaborate with managers to establish, communicate, and execute measurable operations goals that deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance results.
- Ensure proper staffing and training. Manage work schedules (vacation, holiday) for hourly employees.
- Meet and exceed productivity and performance objectives.
- Provide real-time information to teams for managing performance.
- Keep track of shift productivity, overtime, and downtime.
- Manage and control the overall warehouse workflow utilizing ideas and areas for improvement identified by the teams.
- Set clear expectations, lead a high performing team; implement systems that deliver repeatable and reliable results.
- Organize team and processes to meet daily volume targets
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to maintain industry excellence.
- Train team members to anticipate challenges before they arise and lead root cause analysis when needed.
- Provide coaching, training, and development to all team members.
- Act as a resource for the team to set them up for success.
- Participate in coaching sessions and team meetings
- Have a positive and motivational tone with the team
- Apply recognition and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Develop team members for future growth and succession planning.
- Contribute to the development of effective employee training programs resulting in a cross-trained and agile workforce
- Write informative or operational reports and work on special projects as needed.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Manage 20-25 direct reports
Minimum Level Of Education Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree is a plus
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience with majority of that time in a leadership capacity leading and directing teams.
Minimum Training And/Or Experience Required
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution or other warehouse environment preferred.
- Strong experience and proficiency with computer systems and related software preferred
- Experience in process improvement (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen) is desirable
Minimum Skills Required
- Developed leadership skills: Ability to motivate, mentor, coach and influence people.
- Effectively communicates upwardly and laterally on all essential matters using the proper written or verbal medium.
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Leading people to develop analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to create an empowered workforce.
- Proficient with computers, including experience with RF, Excel, Access, and other scheduling and planning tools.
- Able to track performance and align against goals.
- Independent thinker.
Good Eggs is an online market that delivers good groceries to customers' homes throughout the Bay Area, seven days a week.
We’re making it easy for busy people to eat well at home by curating a marketplace full of the best local, organic produce, sustainable meat and fish, and delicious grocery staples. Order your groceries today or iOS app, and they’ll be on your doorstep tomorrow. It’s that simple.
What's driving us to get the best food into the hands of more people? Well, we're on a mission to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide, and our entire passionate and creative team shares a common drive to change the world. If you hear that and think, "Hey! That's me!", please get in touch! We're always looking for like-minded comrades to join the team.