We are seeking a Construction Senior Project Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the management and delivery of multi-family related projects.
The Construction Senior Project Manager is responsible for the direct management of assigned multi-family residential or commercial development/construction projects. Typical projects range from $20M - $60M or higher. Candidates must be experienced in pre-construction, budgeting/estimating, scheduling, and site operations. A Senior Project Manager candidate would be required to interact with the client, design team, and other in-house team members. The position requires exceptional communication and team work skills. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Architecture from an accredited university.
- 15 years direct experience in Type V and III multi-family housing
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Manage projects as required by permits, governmental codes, and established construction standards.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure they meet project design requirements, building code and budget.
- Prepare budgets at appropriate milestones and intervals.
- Bid out the project and prepare detailed subcontractor "scope of work" packages.
- Evaluate bids and buy-out subcontracts.
- Prepare subcontracts per company standards, including insurance requirements, and schedules, which meet project obligations.
- Direct architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors activities to meet project schedules.
- Control project costs within the approved budget.
- Develop, maintain and manage the project schedule.
- Work with project staff to have a cohesive effective team.
- Close out projects with contractors, make sure punch-list is completed in a timely manner and provide owner with all warranties and operations manuals.
We request that interested candidates submit a resume with descriptions of prior project experience. Thank you.
ABOUT SWENSON BUILDERS:
Since Carl N. Swenson came to the “Valley of Heart’s Delight” to build the landmark Medico-Dental Building in 1928, the Swenson family has been active in shaping the community which has become Silicon Valley, the “Innovation Capital of the World”. Our company embraces the Valley’s ongoing commitment to innovation, teaming with local government, our clients and our associates to create living environments with game-changing solutions for our community and beyond. Swenson Builders provides general contracting services for our own development accounts, as well as for third party ownership groups. We are pleased to share some of our activities with you here and look forward to serving you. For more information, visit: