Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Markets team help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations around the globe.
The Director of Markets Buyer Experience is responsible for partnering closely with Product to create a great end-to-end experience for Buyers in our key Markets. With a strong customer focus, will help identify the needs of Buyers and work very closely with the global product team to execute against those needs to deliver significantly improving experiences for buyers across our sites and mobile experiences. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Buyer Experience and Growth, this is a highly visible role in the company with significant responsibility.
- Deeply understand buyer needs in key markets through a combination of internal, external, qualitative and quantitative insights
- Form a point of view on the top buyer pain points to address, and champion these priorities across the business and technical teams in the company
- Identify insights and opportunities and create business cases in order to help justify priorities and major investments into key buyer experience strategic areas
- Serve as the primary interface for the Region between GM’s and the Global Product teams. Collaborate closely with the Global Product teams to influence the product roadmap to ensure buyer experience needs are met
- Keep executive and key stakeholders updated on key priorities, progress, issues, and decisions related to the buyer experience
- Enable countries to achieve their business goals through enabling better buyer experiences
- Build, lead and inspire a strong Buyer Experience team
Qualification / Skills / Experience
- Deep understanding of the eBay product and customer experience
- Proven experience influencing and inspiring change and ability to gain support from different levels of the organization including the executive level and global product teams
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinker with the ability of sifting through detail and putting complex ideas into clear communications.
- Excellent partner management skills, ensuring a diverse audience have the information they need to feel informed
- Builds and sustains relationships across all functions and levels in an organization, to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of plans
- Ability in solving for, and stabilizing, local or regional needs with global consistency
- Experience leading a regional team, with strong connections and daily interactions with the US business and product teams
- Proven ability to inspire and lead a team across multiple geographies
- Experience of program management and execution across portfolio of areas
- Comfort with product analytics as well as financial metrics and uses data to drive decisions
- 12 years of relevant experience in product management, program management, or equivalent functions
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: