DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director Med Surg for Memorial Health Savannah.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health Savannah, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Stuent Loan Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Director where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Director will develop and support the strategic direction and operational needs of the Med Surg department. This is a supervisory/leadership opportunity and is responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The Director assumes the role as leader in planning, organizing, coaching, and facilitating his/her department functions in collaboration with the Director and staff to assure quality service is provided.
What you will do in this role:
- You will manage the daily operations of departments and assisting Director with policies, budget, quality, culture, patient experience and staff evaluations
- You will use interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position
- You will use your ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory or visual fashion.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of work or able to obtain licensure prior to start is required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- BLS and ACLS required
- 5+ years of experience in nursing in an acute care setting; 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 610 plus bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new stand for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Administrative Director opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers option 1.