The Junior Sales Applications Engineer will be paired with Senior Sales Professionals to develop additional customer relationships and sales as well as build the CSI Brand within the existing Chicagoland sales territories. The Senior Sales Professional is financially vested in the success and development of the Junior Sales Applications Engineer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Junior Sales Applications Engineer
- Work hard, work smart and have fun!
- Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Plan to include geographical areas to prospect, prospective customer list and realistic revenue goals. Present sales plan to Sales Manager and manage daily efforts toward plan
- Work with established CSI sales professionals in the Chicagoland area to gain material handling application as well as relationship building knowledge.
- Develop new customer relationships by identifying business needs and growth plans, educating key decision makers, and recommending integrated solutions to achieve business goals.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively customize solutions to meet customer’s business objectives. Inform customers of material handling technology trends.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously, some with assistance from estimating and engineering, but often completes small to mid-sized projects independently. Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements. Develops concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions. Presents proposals to clients.
- Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate, and close.
- Process orders and inform customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, final payment, etc.)
- Present corporate PowerPoint presentation to clients.
- Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support.
- Offer customers after sales service and preventive maintenance plans.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management (Zoho CRM) tool to track the sales cycle.
- Work to gather project information from customers through site visits, phone conversations and electronic communication.
- Prepare Master Estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs
- Travel to job site as required or necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Goal for this position is to gain knowledge and customer base to be promoted to having own sales territory in 2-4 year timetable.
- Participate in weekly sales and company meetings.
- Begin developing relationships with key suppliers. Develop strategies to introduce new supplier technologies to customers.
- Perform market research by monitoring competitor price, product, and service strategies.
- Selecting suppliers and establishing mark-up/margins.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and tasks to ensure we are best serving our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or related degree/experience
- 0-3 years experience in technical sales role
- Material handling systems experience and/or distribution operations experience a plus
- Ability and Desire to Learn!
- Required Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet
- Proficient user of presentation tools (MS PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
We at Conveyor Solutions live by a core set of beliefs and principles that include:
Conveyor Solutions, Inc. is an established system integrator that is committed to bringing the very best in both product quality and customer service.
Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. was established as a material handling equipment, installation, and service company. Starting with these roots, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has grown to become a full-service material handling systems integrator, offering its clients custom-designed systems for a broad range of industries. In doing so, we have identified and developed strong working relationships with the very best manufacturers of equipment in the industry.
While the technical capability of Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has and will continue to grow over the years, our commitment to provide consistently high quality services to our customers at fair prices will continue to be the focal point of our efforts. We provide our clients with well-designed, value-based solutions, complimented by professional engineering, project management, installation services, safety and operational training, and after-sale support services. Service is the value that we bring to every project and is the foundation of our (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com