To assist Controller in the full cycle accounting and auction accounting processes. Position will oversee the work of two or more accountants and/or clerks and one senior accounting specialist. This salaried position requires the ability to travel and some weekend and holiday work. Compensation commensurate with experience.
This job description includes, but is not limited to, the following duties. The right candidate possesses a high energy level and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, as well as the flexibility to follow any other instructions and to perform any other finance-related duties as directed by management.
Duties throughout the calendar year
· Ability to supervise and mentor two or more accountants in the day to day financial operations of the company
· Management and oversight of accounting functions including A/P, A/R, G/L, Fixed Assets, Sales Tax, and Payroll
· Responsibility for treasury-related functions of the company--cash transfers, credit facilities, lease analyses, revolving debt
· Monthly bank reconciliation reviews
· Review fixed asset and monthly depreciation schedule prepared by A/P Accountant
· Oversight of accountant posting for consistency with historical posting practices
· Review accountant month-end standard journal entries
· Reconcile accounts and create month-end close binder
· Prepare month-end Financial Statements
· Prepare month-end analysis as required
· Prepare annual audit schedules and trial balances for external auditors
· Primary in-house expert on sales/use taxes. Research Sales & Use tax requirements and coordinate with external CPA’s regarding issues/resolution.
· Respond to AZ Department of Revenue requests and other State DOR inquiries
· Prepare monthly Sales Tax Returns for AZ, COS, FL, NV and CT and annual Maricopa County business property tax statement
· Assist with year-end merchandise physical inventory
· Assist with preparation of year-end income tax schedules for outside CPA firm
· Review 1099’s, IRS 8300 Forms, ASCAP quarterly reporting
· Prepare annual Maricopa County business property tax statement
· Bidder and consignment support
· Financial support for executive & senior management
· Operational reporting and analytics
Duties during Auction
· Work with national and local banking partners to ensure cash transfer and coordinate credit card machine terminal set up and proper function.
· Available to help all departments and temporary employees with needs concerning training and cash balancing issues.
· Oversee and assist accountant(s) with making petty cash banks for bars, gate and catering service. Record and bundle cash for deposit before bank pickup each day.
· Supervise and/or assist with reconciling cash sheets from bidders and consignor departments each night after auction ends.
· Check online banking during auction for ACH payments or incoming wires from buyers to give to consignor department to release titles.
· Oversee accountant entries for all buys and sells for Cars and Automobilia.
· Supervise the invoice process sponsors and exhibitors.
· Oversee all cash receipt transactions from auction to apply to customer invoices, reconcile any errors or flag uncollected balances.
· Call banks to verify funds have cleared before payment to seller if necessary.
· Manage the seller proceeds check process checks to comply with SOP and ensure compliance with payment to customers within 21-day time frame after auction.
· Send wires by online banking to sellers if needed.
· Follow up on NSF checks and outstanding wires or ACH payments. Communicate with banks and customers to resolve ongoing issues.
· Verify sales tax charges (accurate tax for buyer’s state, if dealer, or have bill of lading)
· Create Excel worksheet for sales tax report for all Car and Automobilia sells.
· Reconciliation of Navision entries to Auctioneer master ledger so commissions and sales tax can be calculated.
· Verify and issue refund checks for all DMV and Doc fee overpayments from buyers.
· Ensure all bank processes are followed and assist when needed.
Key Skills and Experience Must Include:
· 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
· 3+ years of management or supervisory experience
· Bachelors in accounting
· CPA or CPA candidate preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with mid to upper tier accounting systems, Navision experience a plus
· Cash handling experience
· Thorough MS-Office knowledge including Word, Business Dynamics, Power Point and expert level familiarity with Excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Company Description
Specializing in providing products and services to collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts worldwide. Barrett-Jackson produces “The World’s Greatest Collector Car AuctionsTM” across the United States, and offers a new year-round option: the "Barrett-Jackson Collection Showroom," located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona.
Barrett-Jackson has been making headlines, breaking records and hosting The World’s Greatest Collector Car AuctionsTM for 45 years. Founded and managed by collector car enthusiasts with a true passion for everything automotive, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our growing team.
We have a fast-paced environment where enthusiasm and creativity are celebrated and rewarded. If you are a skilled professional who thrives on new challenges and constant innovation, let’s go for a spin.
View current openings online at: jobs.barrett-jackson.com/
In 2010, named the Most Ethical Auction Company in the world. Read the details here... (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/