JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company.
- Ability to read Guests’ needs and display a positive and outgoing demeanor that is engaging and effective.
- Challenges Teammates by creating reward based programs to increase their performance and sales.
- Analyzes Marketforce/Mystery Shop data, along with other Guest metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve Guest Experience and Teammate performance.
- Ensures FOH Teammates are consistently executing ENCORE performance steps and adhere to all check in/out procedures.
- Maximizes table turnover by managing sales per Guest and sales per hour.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training teammates, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Responsible for managing, communicating and executing Company Performance Based Schedules in an equitable manner.
- Coaches and mentors Teammates to ensure all standards, practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all Teammates.
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook’s line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the Service Manager’s time. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- Ensures the Manager’s office is well organized and secured at all times.
- Ensures all Teammates adhere to Company Cash Handling Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in weekly package to Corporate.
- Responsible for engaging Guests, throughout his/her shift, to ensure service and quality standards are being met. Manages Guest concerns with tact and professionalism and fulfills their requests to their satisfaction.
- Manages day to day food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Controlling food costs by following recipes and portion control.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all Teammates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Teammates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company Associates and Managers (outside the Café) to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that is conducive to maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
- Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Prior leadership experience preferred
· 2-3 years of prior management experience in a family or casual dining restaurant is preferred
· Must be 21 years of age
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
· Life Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability
· Quarterly Bonus Structure
Mimi’s is committed to principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department.