Sales Development Manager (Wine & Spirits Industry Experience Required)
OVERVIEW: We specialize in designing, planning and executing rebate/coupon and incentive promotions that are proven to drive sales and grow market share in many industries to include Wine & Spirits. These promotions include, but are not limited to Rebates, IRCs, Sweeps and more. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and ambitious individual with experience in the distribution of Wine & Spirits to help us grow our portfolio of partners in the ever expanding and evolving Wine & Spirits industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
● Drive GPG’s growth in the Wine & Spirits space via outreach emails & phone-calls.
● Achieve or exceed assigned quota by developing and implementing solution selling strategies focused on the needs of Wine & Spirit manufacturers, retailers and distributors.
● Prioritize customer outreach to develop relationships, create opportunities and progress pipeline through outbound calls and web meetings.
● Cold call, prospect and pipeline building and opportunity identification required.
● Maintains relationships with accounts via phone, web, and email inquiries with minimal on-site visits.
● Demonstrate a record of quota achievement through organized account planning, development and execution of marketing campaigns, and a willingness to work hard and persevere.
● Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast against assigned quota.
● Develop relationships with customers to uncover needs and recommend appropriate programs and services through solution selling.
● Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, to address customer challenges and drive results.
● Serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments including product management, finance, accounting, support and professional services.
● Conducts customer-facing, engaging product presentations and demonstrations based on customer need using web-based applications.
● Maintains records of all sales interactions with customers and internal departments using a CRM.
● Provides complex price quotes using a variety of product-specific quoting tools.
● Leverage your industry knowledge and relationships to penetrate leads to access decision makers in the Wine & Spirits industry.
● Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality demo appointments.
● Educate prospects on GPG and how our promotions drive sales.
● Work side by side with Sales Executives to secure new business.
● Knowledge of solution selling using the telephone and web-based applications
● A professional yet friendly customer first attitude that will enhance the candidate's ability to perform well and grow within this service-oriented company.
● A conscientious, highly motivated self-starter, who is detailed-oriented, a strategic thinker and possesses effective time management skills that focus on long-term success.
● Ability to travel, position will have limited travel.
● Minimum 2 years of Wine & Spirits industry experience with a manufacturer or distributor
● Prior inside sales experience required
● Demonstrated record of exceeding sales goals required
● Handle multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment and function independently, meeting or exceeding expectations, with little supervision.
● Sensitive to deadlines and able to efficiently establish, organize and prioritize tasks.
● Able to accept advice and guidance from management and demonstrate enthusiasm and the initiative to handle any challenges or tasks, a problem solver.
● Previous experience selling or working with technology or FMCG products.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
● Target Compensation 90K-150K, Starting Base Salary 50K+ commission (depending on experience)
● Paid Vacation Time
● Health and Dental Insurance
● IRA Retirement Plan