COLOR is seeking an Unreal Engine Animator to help create in-engine video spots for an upcoming game. Familiarity with Unreal Engine and its animation toolset is a must. This job will involve body and facial animation of pre-made characters, as well as camera animation through Sequencer. The ability to create or modify animation rigs within UE is a plus. Experience working with motion capture data is also preferred. We’re looking for someone who can own all character animation and scene setup, and much of the camera animation. This is a short-term contract position, with a project window of roughly May through September. Pay to be negotiated based on skillset.
Please be local to the Seattle area, and make sure to provide links to your portfolio or relevant pieces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- In-engine body and facial animation of multiple characters based on scripts and storyboards
- Animate lip-sync to voiceover for multiple characters
- Setting up full 3D scenes and prepping them for use in Sequencer
- Framing and animation of cameras within Sequencer
- Exporting clips from Unreal for use by a video editor, and working with that editor to tweak or retake shots as needed
- Tweaking of animation rigs as needed to better suit the needs of custom animation
- Ingest/cleanup of motion capture data to use as baseline for character animations
- Working with producers and a project lead to keep to a delivery schedule, and quickly communicating any issues and potential solutions as they arise
- Implementing feedback, both from the internal team and the client
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working with the Unreal engine is required
- Have an eye for detail and proven ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work both as a team and independently
- A good sense for visual storytelling and comic timing
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
COLOR is a young Creative Agency dedicated to creating, destroying, rising from the ashes, destroying, and then creating again.