Job Description & How to Apply Below
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Collects specimens from patients and assumes responsibility for the safety and comfort of patients, following established standards and practices. Accessions samples into computer system for accurate testing and billing and obtains signed documents as needed. Reviews outstanding workload reports. Performs Point of Care testing and sample processing if assigned.
- Shows proficiency in blood collection and performs tasks in timely and accurate manner. Accurately and efficiently performs "waived" testing as required. - 15%
- Receives, greets and assists guests/patients in a timely and courteous manner. Interacts with physicians for proper diagnosis codes, billing information and to clarify orders. - 15%
- Performs account registrations and orders tests in multiple laboratory systems. Collects all appropriate consents including all preauthorizations and ABNs (Advance Beneficiary Notice) as required by governmental agencies. - 15%
- Completes administrative duties including scanning of all relative patient data, and tracking monthly workload performance. - 15%
- Answers phone in a courteous, clear and timely manner records orders for lab tests and accurately provides appropriate reports to proper personnel according to compliance regulations. Problem solves issues for physicians; faxes information to offices; and dispatches couriers for pickup. - 15%
- Inputs and accesses information via the hospital and laboratory computer systems. Instructs patients on proper preparation/collection for tests ordered and distributes collection containers when necessary. - 15%
- Processes specimens for testing including identifying; sorting; aliquoting; centrifuging and labeling specimens appropriately. Packages and prepares specimens for transport while maintaining appropriate specimen temperature for stability. Maintains par level supplies. - 5%
- Floats works, and directs daily operations in multiple client locations and patient service centers (PSC). - 5%
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year of related experience
- Phlebotomy certificate from accredited program preferred.
Day (United States of America)
Oconee Medical Campus
1064 Oconee Memorial Hospital
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: