Heritage House of Shelbyville, your local senior living and rehab therapy community is seeking a Cook to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields a plus
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Since 1966, Heritage House promotes a family atmosphere and non-corporate environment. We provide medical, dental and vision insurance and competitive salary. Our goal is to enhance our residents’ lives, through resident directed care and culture change. Our residents’ dignity and ability to choose is most important to us and we want them to feel they are in a homelike atmosphere. If you can contribute to a positive work environment, team-building atmosphere and have ideas to promote a resident directed home for our residents, we would love for you to join our team.