Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Monitor network devices, software health and network tools health.
- Drive incidents to resolution, document, follow up and keep track on full resolution
- Interface between customer and other supporting departments including vendor
- Perform level 1 network support such as configuring switches, routers and other network devices.
- Document and published approved work instructions and procedures for internal reference
- Responsible for incident and maintenance communication to customers and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or work-related discipline
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience within Service Provider network, hardware platforms and architectures such as Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, RSTP, VLAN, VTP, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Knowledge in optical networking
- Knowledge on service provider technologies and cloud computing
- Understanding of Open Stack technology and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure
- Has working experience on monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA or equivalent is required
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with service providers and customers around the world.
- Able to work 12 hours shift.
- Able and willing to be on-call standby as needed.
- Proficient in written and oral language in Chinese or Japanese
- Script programming languages (python, bash…)
To view & apply for jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country, tap here: