As a Machine Operator at TGP you will be responsible for the daily operation of production in the Machining work cell. You will demonstrate strong team working skills as you assist other Machine Operators and work with team members from other work cells to meet production demands. A comprehensive understanding of machine technology will contribute to your success as you strive to maintain tolerances throughout your daily operations. We have opportunities on day and swing shifts.
- Coordinate with the Supervisor and/or schedule to determine which projects and which machines are to be operated
- Check material for defects and correct dimensions prior to loading and operating the CNC milling center
- Operate the machines per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in a safe manner
- Setup up tooling as required for each job based on setup sheets from the CNC Programmer
- Report program inconsistency or suggested surface feet changes to the Supervisor and/or CNC Programmer
- Work closely with a Machinist and operate the milling center based upon his/her instructions
- Monitor the machine operation process as parts are being machined to insure quality and accuracy
- Report all issues and inconsistencies to the Supervisor and/or Machinist
- Document the operations performed
- Verify all operations have been inspected and completed before moving completed parts to the next work cell.
- Organize and maintain the areas around the machining work cells according to 5S policies
- Maintain all machines as instructed by the preventative maintenance documentation
- Perform multiple operations simultaneously when required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal team members.
- Assist in other work cells as needed.
- Train in the use of all equipment in the fabrication area.
- Work across multiple shifts.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma.
- Certification in Machine Technology is preferred.
- Previous CNC vertical milling operating of two years is required.
- Previous experience working with steel is preferred.
- Experience with Haas controls preferred.
- Familiar with machine codes and programs
- Able to make appropriate minor changes to programs as necessary
- Have setup knowledge of various types of tooling
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to follow cut list dimensions
- Able to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess strong math skills
- Remain alert in a high-risk environment
- Assesses priorities to determine what is urgently needed
- Maintain schedule and tasks in spite of interruptions
At Allegion, you can be a part of a dynamic, collaborative and increasingly global work environment. As the world of security evolves, our research and development organization stays one step ahead, creating new solutions to new challenges.
Ideas matter here, and we nurture them by minimizing bureaucracy, and encouraging personal initiative. Our values guide us every day, empowering our employees to do what they do best
We prize strong performers, creative risk-takers, and progressive leaders – valuing our employees’ contributions, and recognizing them publicly. As a company that’s constantly seeking and discovering new frontiers, we’re looking for pioneers.
Allegion believes that an excellent benefits package demonstrates our commitment to the well-being and future development of our team. We care about your success. When you work with us, you can expect:
Immediate Medical Coverage
Generous Vacation & Sick Leave
401(K) With 6% Match That Vests Immediately
HSA With Employer Contributions Up To $1,000 Per Year Depending Upon Participation
What are you waiting for? Come join our team!