The Housekeeper position will take direction from the Director of Housekeeping to ensure the cleanliness of the private and public areas of the facility. Perform work duties in accordance with company policies, federal and state laws, local standards and guidelines, OSHA, and other applicable regulations. Attend all company designated training as required by manager.Essential Functions:1. The housekeeper is the focal point of our environmental service staff.
He/she is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the facility on a daily basis.
Must be able to perform the necessary duties in the daily routine cleaning of resident rooms as follows:
- Emptying,sanitizing and relining trash receptacles
- Proper techniques for horizontal surface cleaning (furniture, tables, desks, etc.)
- Proper techniques for vertical surface cleaning (walls, doors, etc.)
- Proper techniques for sweeping and mopping floors
- Proper techniques for sanitizing and disinfecting restrooms & restocking supplies
Must be able to perform the necessary duties for the monthly deep cleaning of resident room as follows:
- The above steps for daily resident room cleaning as well as
- Cleaning of resident beds including headboard, footboard, bed rails, and frames.
- Detailed cleaning of corners, edges, baseboards, ceilings, curtain tracks, privacy curtains, and resident personal belongings.
- Follow all safety procedures, infection control policies, and universal precautions to ensure the health and welfare of residents, staff, and visitors.
- Follow proper procedures for stocking housekeeping carts and closets.
- All housekeepers must report to work in assigned uniform as deemed by the facility.
- All housekeepers must report problems, concerns, and maintenance issues to the Supervisor.
- All housekeepers must act in a courteous, professional, and appropriate manner at all times.
- All housekeepers must follow specific job descriptions as posted by Executive Housekeeper.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- The ability to follow detailed daily assignments as instructed by Executive Housekeeper
- The ability to clean and sanitize facility as assigned
- The ability to identify and use cleaning solutions and chemicals
- The ability to lift 10 to 15 lb. buckets of water from a cart to a sink a minimum of 15 times per day
- The ability to push or pull housekeeping carts weighing up to 40 lbs. throughout the facility
- The ability to bend at the knees, waist, and neck up to 75 times per day while performing assigned duties.
- The ability to sweep and mop in a side to side motion for periods of 1 to 10 minutes as many as 25 times per day
Must be able to understand and follow basic infection control procedures
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and appropriately
Must be able to respond to a verbal paging system in the appropriate manner
Must be capable of functioning with minimal supervision
Must be capable of operating necessary equipment safely in order to satisfy job requirements
Must be able to deal with residents, family members, and facility staff in a professional and appropriate manner
Education & Experience:
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is essential.
- No formal education is required. A high-school diploma is desirable. Some college is helpful.
- Previous experience in a healthcare facility, specifically the laundry department is helpful, but on-site training and orientation will be provided.
- The ability to provide and follow oral, written, and verbal instructions is vital.
- The ability to work in a healthcare environment and conduct themselves professionally and appropriately as required.
- The ability to fulfill any and all pre-employment requirements as deemed necessary by the individual facility and LUCENT.
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/Client focus
- Organizational skills
- Results driven
- Teamwork orientation
- Technical capacity
Physical & Mental Requirements: The housekeeper within a healthcare facility spends the majority of their day standing, walking, bending, and reaching in order to perform the necessary functions associated with the position. He/she must interact with people, be courteous and professional at all times.
Must be cautious and safety conscious at all times to prevent unnecessary injury. Must exhibit proper techniques while performing all assigned duties. The Housekeeper is directly supervised by the Executive Housekeeper and in some cases the Assistant Executive Housekeeper, but must be able to work independently on a daily basis. BP & SC Services is dedicated to providing all its employees with the state of the art equipment and training to guarantee the highest levels of efficiency and safety in the healthcare industry.
All housekeepers will be provided with any necessary equipment to perform their duties properly and are expected to utilize and maintain all equipment as intended and instructed. In addition, employee must have had a Mantoux test within the last year and a current Hepatitis B vaccination. Both will be provided by BP & SC Services not obtained previously. Work Environment & Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, incumbent is regularly exposed to hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, dirt, dust, vibration and water. The noise level in the work environment is usually above the norm. The employee frequently interacts with residents, family members, and other personnel. The employee may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and various medical conditions, including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis
B. Employee will operate state of the art laundry equipment.