Location: NEWCASTLE STORE
Job Description - Assistant Manager
Salary - £24,500 + 25% Bonus
45hr weekly contract
One of the most advanced and exciting retail environments in the UK is expanding its team to give their customers a very high quality and personal level of service.
If you’re an aspiring business leader that has proven experience in getting the best from your team, and if you have a retail management / leadership background and a high level of professionalism we’d like to hear from you.
Retail line-management experience including performance management is required.
The Assistant Manager is the guiding light for other members of staff, maintaining the level of energy and focus that will result in exceptional customer experiences. These people embody the brand and align with the company ethos to inspire and educate customers.
You must have an unswerving desire to get the best attitude and performance from the people who work for you and around you.
1. Clarity of Vision - Through clear direction ensure that every member of the team understands the vision, mission, values and objectives of the company and their own individual role in delivering against those goals
2. Operations - Organise and train team members to ensure the best use of resources to achieve successful delivery of targeted results
3. Needs of Customers - Through genuine curiosity and interest in people, discover the needs and desires in every customer interaction and inspire customers by introducing them to the store’s products that will deliver both their needs and desires
4. Team - Recruit and develop the best individuals available against agreed role profiles and develop individuals into a cohesive team
5. Resources - Maximise the utilisation of store resources to optimise the delivery of objectives. Continually seek ways to build business opportunities in the local community and manage the store budget effectively
6. Organisation - Organise the store resources to achieve the set KPI’s, changing approach when needed
7. Leadership - Provide clear leadership and direction, both at an individuals and team level to inspire positive team attitudes and exceptional sustained performance
- Store Service Standards
- Store team and People measures
- Customers and Customer measures
- Store Recourse’s and Budgets
- Deputising for the Store Manager in their absence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills and experience gained in a customer centric retail environment
- Leadership skills including setting a clear direction for your team, inspiring others, able to articulate vision and values with conviction
- Communication and influencing skills that generate commitment and loyalty
- The ability to plan, prioritise and delegate your own and others work in a highly organised way ensuring high standards of quality and service are maintained at all times
- Wide industry knowledge and ability to act with commerciality as a key component of your decision making
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and to promote the benefits of change to those around you
- Extensive and relevant managerial experience - managing and handling complex and difficult situations
- Developed coaching and mentoring skills