Hardware Engineer Job Description (focus on RF/Microwave)
Hiller Measurements has an immediate opening for a talented Hardware Design and Validation Engineer. The primary responsibility of this engineer is the design and development of high-performance RF and microwave products. As a HW Engineer, you will be an integral part of a project team responsible for designing and developing a product from concept to release. In addition to solid hardware engineering practices, you will be expected to be familiar with a wide variety of sophisticated test equipment, define and execute comprehensive test plans to debug and validate the performance of complicated circuits and modules, as well as develop and implement sophisticated calibration algorithms. You will also be directly involved in setting specifications and transitioning the product from engineering to production. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and to implement automated test platforms, integrating both hardware and software, which are consistent with a high-mix, low-volume, high-tech, and high-quality operation.
- Specify, design, and implement complex hardware modules and sub-systems
- Design and implement automated test solutions for microwave and RF Products.
- Identify and resolve technical problems that often occur during development of new products.
- Define and implement project plans, manage milestones, and hold required reviews to assure test system readiness for product release.
- Integrate hardware and software to fully support new RF products under development.
- Utilize programming skills to develop automated test using LabVIEW
- Design measurement algorithms for RF products.
- Review and approve product specifications and customer user documentation for the product.
- B. S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, electronics engineering.
- Good understanding of computers and LabVIEW
- Passion for learning about and working with test and measurement industry technologies
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Strong understanding of RF systems, RF measurements, electronics, computers, and high-level programming languages (LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++, Python)
- Familiarity with S-parameter measurements, power accuracy, and digital modulation standards
- Knowledgeable about gain, compression, and intermodulation measurements
- Sources of measurement errors
- Appropriate selection of RF and microwave instrumentation
- Statistical analysis of data
- Experience with using RF/Microwave Test Instrumentation like Oscilloscope, DMM, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and Power Meters.
Demonstrate ability to
- Work effectively in a group development environment
- Effectively diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
- Problem-solve effectively - diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
- Take ownership of goals, project schedules, and milestones
- Listen attentively and grasp fast-paced technical conversation
- Quickly learn applicable technology, systems and commercial off the shelf components
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Hiller Measurements is a growing, dynamic, high-tech organization in Dripping Springs, TX. Inspired measurement design is what we're about. It's a value wrought from decades of component, instrument, and system design experience. We've tested toys, simulated atmospheric effects of satellite communications, designed unique parts of our nation's radar systems, and designed test systems for the most exciting electronic vehicles on the road.