General Contractor has an upcoming opening for an ASSISTANT SITE SUPERINTENDENT who has the experience and skills to supervise occupied multi-family residential projects. Job is located in Springfield, MA. Opportunity for full time employment based on job performance
- Supervise all field activities related to the physical construction
- Responsible for quality control.
- Ability to work with subcontractors
- Detailed record keeping and project documentation duties a must.
- Strong day to day planning and ability to look ahead
- Ability to read prints and shop drawings; review details, shop drawings and specifications with subcontractors prior to start of work
- Review safety procedures with all subcontractors and perform Jobsite Inspections to be turned in to the Safety Director
- Ensure tool box safety meetings are occurring and sign-in sheets are turned in to the Safety Director
- Review project schedules with Project Managers to determine priorities
- Review weekly production with Project Manager and communicate this information to the Subcontractor’s Foremen
- Prepare daily reports, photo reports and other reports as required.
- Ensure all subcontractor employees sign in on a daily basis and have ID or other documentation as required per project. Submit daily sign in sheets as required.
- Receive material delivery tickets and forward to office.
- Ensure that daily work is inspected as required.
- Confirm that materials and installation meet the details and specifications and that the items and / or job are complete
- Recognize potential change orders and coordinate with PM
- Coordination with Austin Energy officials to schedule inspections without impeding schedule
- Coordination with Interior Superintendent of phasing/schedule
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory capacity as a Site Superintendent