Summit Careers is a full service staffing and recruiting firm in Springfield, Ma. We pride ourselves on our ability to place great candidates with top notch employers. Currently we have an immediate opening for two industrial maintenance mechanics.
*Responsibilities of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic*
- Perform scheduled maintenance on production and packing equipment.
- Provide emergency and/or unscheduled maintenance as required.
- Assist with set up of equipment for scheduled production runs.
- Assist with machine rebuilds, installations and moves
- Perform additional mechanical services as requested including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packing and other production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- In the course of repairing machinery, utilize LOCK OUT/TAG OUT training to safely de-energize and secure the machines against accidental ignition.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
*Requirements of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic*
- 2+ years mechanical maintenance experience including:
- industrial mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- basic welding and cutting procedures
- set up and operation of general machine maintenance shop equipment and tools
- correct use of machinist measurement tools
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment mechanically.
- Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Electrical capabilities
Summit Careers Inc is a full-service staffing and recruiting company. Our primary focus is finding great employees and pairing them with top notch employers. We go beyond skills and try to match employees with companies they will thrive within.