The Project Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation process of the company's services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Candidate will manage multiple projects within the firearm training and simulation industry. Specific duties will include participation in the proposal and costing coordination of integrated project teams and or subcontractors, customer reporting, production and testing aspects associated with the delivery of these projects, budgeting and profit-loss reporting, on-site management and supervising customer acceptance procedures. Additionally, has worked projects that were under government contract. The ideal candidate will be PMP certified.
• Project Manager will oversee all contract efforts including personnel scheduling and day-to-day assignments.
• Strong contract review skills to ensure execution of all contract deliverable requirements.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
• Define project scope, goals, deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with program manager and senior management.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
• When required, negotiate with other department managers for the temporary acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional personnel and make the appropriate hires if necessary during the life of the project
• Set and continually manage project expectations
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts between project team members.
• Identify and resolve project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones
• Set and continually manage project expectations to team members
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management, Business or related field - required.
• PMP certified preferred
• 2 years to 4 years of experience working with government projects
• Experience working with simulation training a plus
• Must have the technical background and experience required to interact directly with strong technical engineers and technical management
• A minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Experience with proposal writing and cost estimation of direct materials, labor and other direct costs
• Ability to strictly monitor costs and report accurate profit and loss statements for each project
• Strong familiarity with project management software including Microsoft Project and Microsoft office
• Experience reviewing or contributing to technical documentation
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Reacts to project adjustment and alterations promptly and efficiently
• Must be able to learn, understand new technologies
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial
• Must have strong organizational skills
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs
Laser Shot is a global leader in firearm and force option training solutions. Innovative products incorporate the latest technologies in developing accurate, dependable, and effective use of firearms by military, law enforcement and other public safety professionals.