Job Description & How to Apply Below
Carter's, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at , , and . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at .
- Perform preventative, corrective, and break down maintenance on conveyors and other material handling equipment.
- Document tasks performed on a daily basis.
- Communicate verbally and through written communication with both peers, departments, and all levels of management.
- Ensuring that all work, including work performed by subcontractors, is done in accordance with OSHA regulations and Carters safety rules.
- Maintain good housekeeping and working well with management, peers and subordinate employees to maximize productivity while minimizing employee conflict.
- Assist supervisor with planning and coordinating the maintenance and repair of conveyors, machines and equipment.
Experience and Skills
- Preferred experience with conveyors, 24 VDC/120 VAC control device experience. Mig welding, stick welding, 460 volt 3 phase hands on experience, material handling equipment experience (MHE), pneumatic and hydraulics.
- Must be able to use all routine industrial hand tools.
- Must have electrical knowledge and be able to install or replace outlets, switches, fixtures.
- Must be able to read and use tape measures, levels, etc.
- Preferred be able to pass equipment training including scissor lift, order pickers, reach Lifts, Electric Pallet Jacks, Pacers, Clamp Lifts, Fork Lifts.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a good driving record.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, not required.
- Formal technical school or college degree preferred
- 2-5 years of maintenance experience.
- Must be available to work in a multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying to extreme temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work consecutive days in a row (for example 14+ days).
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: