1099 Contract Position
In this position, you will perform surveys and assist in troubleshooting and maintaining Fire Systems, Burglar Alarms, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions. As a Security Alarm Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing, key & PBX systems, security & CCTV systems, wireless devices, and cable pathway. This will also include installing various electronic components and cables to involve terminating, testing, labeling and documenting horizontal, backbone & other cables.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both commercial and residential.
• Work directly in the field on the most efficient way to solve service issues.
• Request off-site service equipment needs through internal Service Dispatch department.
• Customer training as needed.
• Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items as per the company policy.
• Install twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode fiber optical cable and multi-mode fiber optical cable.
• Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs.
• Dress and route cable into telecoms closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
• Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
• Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental and Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
• Coordinate with vendors for each project.
• Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site level and some smaller customer care levels.
• The position is full time and includes rotating 24/7 on-call duties.
As a technician, you will be responsible for your own tools and vehicle. Some may be provided on an as needed basis. Technicians will be scheduled in certain areas and will deal with networking, cabling, security and alarm, maintenance, and integration for commercial needs.
Entry base pay begins at 18.00/Hr. Wage, negotiable based on experience, education, and current certifications. Hours can range from 20-40 hours a week with the possibility of more based on projects.
Must provide basic telecommunication tools
Basic construction Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
Must provide own transportation
Must be able to install and or perform maintenance of telecommunication and security hardware systems. Including but not limited to; Cat 5, Cat 6, Alarm and Fibre cable. Termination of RJ11, RJ45, RG6, and BNC. Basic understanding of computers and networking as well as experience with CCTV and alarm systems
High energy, being resourceful and strong multi-tasking skills
Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, ability to work in confined space entries, work in attics and all climates
High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
We are a Technology Solutions Firm that specializes in networking and security systems working with major retailers and service providers across the United States. We are based in Warren, Ohio where our local technicians provide computer and smart device repair as well as website design and custom system builds.