We are representing a consumer product manufacturing leader in Stratford ON who are hiring a Production Shift Supervisor. If you meet the following experience requirements and willing to work in a challenging but rewarding environment with supportive management staff please send your resume.
Plan, coordinate and control the manufacturing processes while obtaining efficient utilization of equipment, manpower and inventories which will satisfy customer requirements and operations efficiency.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule activities of the production employees
- Oversee day to day operational activities of production shift, focusing on productivity, performance, costs and efficiencies
- Establish methods to meet work schedules, coordinate work with other units on 5S continuous improvement activities
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and calibrating machine; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Promote safe & productive environment to all employees
- Ensure production of right quality, quantity and cost, on time, to the satisfaction of the customer
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality and safety
- Conduct and participate in accident investigations, disciplinary actions, the promotion of a violence & harassment free workplace and performance evaluations
- Machine setup, to run a set program
- Lead, manage, train and motivate the production team on the shift
- Maintain and enforce safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety legislation and housekeeping practices, use of personal protective equipment, and any other company policies.
- Enforce all company policies according to the handbook and manage any violations or disciplinary issues of the direct labour workforce on your shift (safety, violence/harassment complaints, AODA, etc)
- Ensure all SOP’s are kept up-to-date and arrange for appropriate training as required
- Completion of daily checklists to ensure 5S activities in the work cells
- Report any absences and any maintenance concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure the attainment of daily production targets and identify any escalating production concerns in the area.
- Work with Research and Development and Quality Assurance
- Other duties as assigned
- Actual production units as a % of scheduled units
- Actual to Standard Direct Labour variance
- Scrap rates
- Meeting performance targets on production output for the shift
- Completing reporting requirements for safety, production and employee performance
Keywords: Shift Supervisor, Foreman, Foreperson, Forewoman, Superintendant