This role is a management position reporting directly to the Suffield Plant Manager (Fluid Transfer Systems,) with a matrix reporting structure into the Director of Quality. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Quality Assurance of Kongsberg Automotive as related to all products bought, manufactured and sold in compliance with established customer and company standards, cost and scheduling requirements. The position will manage a mix of salaried and hourly associates. Role also may partner with Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer, particularly related to ISO14001 activities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining quality procedures, systems, and strategic objectives that will meet or exceed all requirements under Kongsberg Automotive's corporate quality.
- Develop and recommend Quality budget to include capital expenditures for new equipment.
- Ensure compliance to all Kongsberg Automotive requirements, as well as meeting specific customer requirements
- Possess a thorough understanding of customer/regulatory requirements to effectively manage a system-driven corrective action process, including root-cause analysis, leading to the recommendation of acceptable alternatives, the design of innovation solutions and implementation of sustainable processes to ensure future performance meets expectations (i.e. RMA, NCMR, 5 Why, 8D, etc)
- Evaluate current procedures to identify continuous improvement opportunities, including analyzing data and recommending such improvements to reduce cost, to recommend new equipment and to revise procedures as indicated
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of such quality processes as: Materials Review Process, Gage Calibration System, QMS/EMS, supplier performance tracking and other relevant systems
- Design and coordinate all quality training for plant personnel
- Lead and drive all activities to maintain ISO14001 and TS/IATF 16469 certifications, to include internal auditing program.
- Provide information and recommendations based on metrics, measurement, performance, and other reports as required
- Develop strong partnerships with suppliers and customers (both internal and external)
- Coach, develop, support and effectively manage a High Performing Team
- Coordinate and complete all aspects of APQP for new product launch and annual revalidations to Customer Specific Requirements and internal Quality Systems. To include purchased products.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to continually improve processes, QMS and overall processes. Eliminate /reduce waste in Quality system, assist in product qualification.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Four year college degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of Quality (Regulatory, Supplier, Customer, APQP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of AIAG Core Tools (i.e. Control Plans, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, etc)
- Five or more years of Quality Management Systems experience, with an emphasis on ISO: 9001:2015 and TS/IATF 16949 environment. ISO: 14001 is a plus
- Lead Auditor in ISO/TS/IATF strongly recommended
- Six Sigma Experience (Green Belt/Black Belt) a ++
- Ability to travel to customer, suppliers, and other Kongsberg facilities (approximately 5%)
This position requires a comfort level with working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment; the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time is essential for success.
A "roll-up your sleeve, can-do, collaborative" approach is critical. Ability to form confident, effective relationships with suppliers and customers is critical to success.
As a member of the senior management team of the plant, excellent leadership abilities and a demonstrated ability to effectively influence others is essential.