We are a local Intensive In-Home counseling agency looking for some good counselors to join our team.
Our service area includes:
Emporia, Danville, and Suffolk, VA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct and indirect care to program participants.
• Meet for weekly supervision with Clinical Supervisor.
• Assist clients in developing acceptable habits and attitudes, in managing their behavior and in meeting goals and objectives of their service plan.
• Provide progress notes for each meeting with clients to document progress or barriers toward reaching goals and objectives of client's service plan.
• Assist in training client and family techniques that facilitate effective communication, mutual respect, and building lasting relationships.
• Maintain knowledge, characteristics, and concepts of DSM-IV-TR diagnoses and related emotional manifestations.
• Maintain current CPR, First Aid, and Behavioral Management Techniques certification.
• Any other assigned duties or responsibilities.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: (I) A Bachelor's Degree or Masters Degree in Social Work from accredited college or university with minimum of 1 year of documented clinical experience with children and adolescents. (II) Be a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Virginia. (III) Have a master's degree in psychology from an accredited college or university with least one year of clinical experience with children and adolescents. (IV) Be a registered nurse with at least one year of clinical experience with children and adolescents. (V) Have at least a bachelor's degree in a human services field or in special education from an accredited college with at least one year of clinical experience with children and adolescents. (VI) Be a licensed mental health professional. Must possess a valid driver's license. Experience in providing psychiatric or mental health services to children who have a mental illness. Must possess strong listening and interviewing skills; as well as basic computer/typing skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Certification in CPR- infant, child, and adult. TB test required. Must also have reliable transportation and car insurance.
Compensation: Very Competitive