Responsible for machining materials to company specifications while utilizing standard labor times.
• Machine products & materials according to blueprints, process sheets and
ISO 9001 inspection standards.
• Achieve proper tolerances using skill and knowledge of machinery and tools.
• Ensure overall product quality through QA and in process inspection.
• Meet target labor time standards for machined items.
• Troubleshoot problems and determine working solutions in order to complete tasks.
• Recommend new ideas/processes to Manufacturing Engineer, Plant Mgr. or Engineering Mgr.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned by management.
• Occasional overtime may be required as business needs dictate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. School program background a plus. 2-3 years machining experience including CNC lathes, Manual lathes, Mills, CNC HAAS, CNC Omni Turns and Drill press experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Well organized including attention to detail
Blueprint reading and mechanical ability
Solid use of all relevant precision measuring tools (indicators, micrometers, calipers, gages, etc.).
Advanced math skills (geometry and trigonometry).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Work in machine shop environment that is well lit and ventilated. Includes mechanical noise caused by punch presses, air cylinders and other machine shop equipment.
Sitting about 1-2 hours/day; standing or walking about 6-7 hours/day.
Frequently lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., occasionally carrying and lifting up to 75 lbs.
Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands and/or fingers involving simple grasping or firmly grasping items.
Frequently using fingers and hands to make small movements such as using screw drivers and wrenches, assembling products, picking up and carrying small items.
Conveying detailed information to others or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly and quickly.
Occasional bending and twisting at waist, kneeling, reaching, and squatting.