Scope: This position specializes in staff oversite and business management for the finance and service sections. He/She is responsible for a variety of areas and oversees: fiscal, IT, website support, business development, administrative, legal, facilities, sales oversite and human resources management; serves as principal point of representation and liaison with commercial, residential and external contacts concerning finance and service operational matters. Establishes and/or meets program objectives in accordance with the contract and statement of work. He/She will be responsible for overseeing the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multi-faceted program that provides support to Government Contracting, Construction and other profit centers. Provides technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and area of expertise. Oversees and/or coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; developing, writing and presenting comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports. The position also requires establishing and implementing short and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in accordance with contract parameters and guidelines.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interprets, advises and implements institution policies and procedures related to the Hughes Group.
- Prepares and maintains administrative and business reports. Ability to gather data, compile information, prepare reports and records.
- Gathers or supervises compilation of information from a number of sources and refer pertinent information to the administrator through gathering data, compiling information and preparing reports.
- Oversees the preparation and execution of the budget process for department heads and provide advice and information; reviews income/expense, statistical, and budget status reports and advises CEO and department heads of financial status of programs and of problem areas.
- Confers with CEO’s and management team to ensure budgets and policies are adhered to.
- Reviews department programs and recommends to Director of Operations changes and modifications.
- Approve proposed expenditures, requisitions, vouchers, personnel changes, etc.
- Able to maintain effective communications with other project principals including government agencies, contractors, local agencies, utility companies, etc.
- Demonstrate administrative, organizational and staff management leadership.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a clear understanding of financial reports.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices, budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Ability to supervise and train employees to include; organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of Hughes Group.
- Must have prepared or assisted in preparing a working business budget.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree or extensive knowledge and work experience in administrative areas. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years experience as program manager responsible for a program of 100+ personnel or able to show compatible work experience.
- 7 + years directly related experience in fiscal services, administration, government contracts and human resources.
- International experience and prior experience in working with the US military a plus
Established in 1999, Hughes Group is a logistics company specializing in construction site clean-up services, striping and sealcoat, landscaping and irrigation, backflow services, traffic control, and utility adjustments. At Hughes Group, we thrive in collaborative environments to provide value-added analysis, innovative solutions, added organization, smooth processes, Lean expertise and knowledge of diverse construction systems. All business deals are more than just short-term customer transactions. We strive to establish long, lasting relationships.