Earth Smart Environmental Solutions, LLC (ES2) is recruiting an Environmental field technician in the Tampa/St. Pete, FL area. In this role, you will be managing hazardous waste generation, storage, transportation, and disposal requirements. The ideal candidate shall have relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience with sampling, management, handling, characterizing, packaging, and transporting hazardous, nonhazardous, and universal waste.
Other Essential Duties
- Working independently at various customer locations
- Interacting and managing client needs daily
- Moving wastes from satellite accumulation areas to central storage area
- Label and organize containers in compliance with EPA/DOT regulations
- Inspect hazardous waste storage areas and documentation
- Respond to emergency situations when called upon
- Complete hazardous waste manifest and other required shipping papers
- Individual must have good communication skills, be a team player, multi-task with a good work ethic, and be customer sensitive and friendly
- Possess a diligent attention to safety
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs. and significant amount of walking
- Must pass a background check and drug testing
- Environmental / Chemistry Degree is a plus
Earth Smart Environmental Solutions (ES2) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides recycling, reuse and/or disposal of hazardous, universal, medical, pharmaceutical, non-hazardous, and solid waste while meeting or exceeding customer expectations for all of the United States. ES2 follows all local, state, and federal requirements and has maintained zero safety finding or notice of violations. ES2 is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans are encouraged to apply.