What you will do
As a Regional Procurement Manager, you will be the main procurement contact for your assigned region of 4-6 branch offices. You will support and manage the selection of 3rd party subcontractors and 3rd party suppliers used within your region. You will develop and lead cost savings initiatives with collaboration from both the Category Managers and the branch organization. Activities include supplier development, contract management, supplier relationships, price negotiations, working capital optimization and improve communication between the central procurement teams and the branch offices. This position is responsible for impacting annual spend between $40M - $80M from a supply base of 300-400 suppliers.
How you will do it
The Regional Procurement Manager is able to develop, align, and implement several different supply chain strategies to deliver the most cost-effective methods for field offices within assigned region to procure both materials and/or subcontract labor from suppliers to execute the solutions we promise our customers. A key deliverable of this role is to ensure assigned field offices are efficiently executing our supply chain strategies allowing our extended field procurement team to influence a greater percentage of spend to increase year of year savings.
- Matrixed reporting relationship with both the Director of Field Procurement and the Vice President of Operations or equivalent.
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to: Cost Savings, TWC, quality, supplier rationalization, and other agreed objectives.
- Provide input to category management team regarding the unique/specific regional needs during category strategy development.
- Creates personal development plans for team members to ensure continuous evolution and development of the team and ensure full alignment with JCI’s overall strategies.
- Works with suppliers and internal teams and act as escalation point to ensure continuity of supply to support the business unit requirements.
- Collaborate with field offices within region to identify and bring forward new/critical products and services to expand the line card product of field offerings.
- Ensure branches are utilizing fully capable and approved subcontractors as per policy / work instruction.
- Drafts and monitors appropriate controls to ensure processes and procedures are performed in a compliant manner and develop appropriate dashboards, metrics and measures to identify ongoing areas for improvement across all facets of the procurement operation.
- Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
- Coordinates all operational procurement activities, directly manage the systems, processes and procedures governing the procurement of materials from the right suppliers, at the right price, quality and delivery requirements to support the business unit/manufacturing locations.
- Guarantee compliance with BOS procedures and DoA requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director of field procurement.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Track and report project based cost savings. Ensure validation and approval guidelines are met.
- Cultivate and promote diverse supplier relationships. Work with regional teams to report project based diverse sourcing opportunities.
- Align procurement metrics with the regional leadership team and communicate regularly with internal customers.
- Drives & implements initiatives with regional entities to regulate supplier specifics services or component volume allocations and terms, contract closure, and compliance with JCI IP, security & privacy standards
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 5-8 years of procurement experience in the construction or trades industry
- Experience in cost analysis and strong financial knowledge.
- Good PC / software knowledge/skills.
- Interpersonal Skills -Candidate should have the ability to cooperate with people of varying levels both inside/outside the organization and interact with the team to establish and achieve team goals and objectives.
- Leadership-Candidate should have the ability to empower others to achieve results through professional motivation, recognition and performance feedback. Candidate should coach, and develop best-in-class organization.
- Communication - Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express information/ideas in a professional manner to varying levels of people and customers. Strong English skills required. Multi language capabilities preferred.
- Initiative/Execution/Motivation - Candidate should have the ability to take actions, make informed decisions and generate ideas to improve overall business performance on key metrics directly influenced by this position.
- Ownership/Commitment - Candidate should have the ability to influence decisions & results even when all elements are not under the individual’s direct control.
- Planning/Balance - Candidate should have the ability to establish goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to a changing environment.
- Procurement experience with a focus on construction and/or HVAC equipment and services. Electrical industry / installation knowledge a plus.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit careers.