BUSINESS: Leslie Controls, Inc
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
Perform and document mechanical, visual and nondestructive inspections of assemblies and components. These activities shall require interfacing with various company departments, such as, but not limited to, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Sales, Quality Assurance, etc., and outside customer representatives.
Inspection to include correctness of product to applicable engineering, quality assurance and contract specified documents. Applicable assembly inspections shall include but not be limited to order requirements, test acceptability, product markings, customer required tagging/marking, product cleanliness, workmanship, proper installation and tightening of fasteners, proper preservation and packing and all packaging markings for completeness and accuracy. Also assist in other areas and functions associated with quality inspection.
Audit product assembly and test activities to insure required operations are being performed in accordance with work order and contract requirement.
- Perform in process and final inspection of machined parts and final assemblies to applicable drawings, quality assurance and contract requirements.
- Verify completed assemblies to meet drawing and testing requirements.
- Verify data plates / tags are marked correctly.
- Verify test reports are completed to all stated requirements.
- Identify and document items found to be nonconforming to drawing requirements and work with the Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams to process these items.
- Maintain work area equipment / supplies to ensure maintain 6s work environment.
- Interact with Engineering or other functional groups for problem solving
- Complete required checklists and contract analysis sheets for the Maritime program.
- Participate quality clinic activities and contribute to quality improvements as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-4 years of experience in inspection
- Knowledge and use of basic inspection tools. i.e. calipers, micrometers, plug/thread gauges.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of at least three of the advanced inspection skills including Coordinated Measuring Machine, Visual Inspection, Penetrant Inspection, Ultrasonic Inspection, Hardness Testing, and Steam Plant clean
- Knowledge of vantage receiving inspection processing.
- Able to read and understand drawings.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficient in MS Office.
- EHS awareness.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Flexibility on overtime
- HS Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Certifications/training records to match the advanced inspections skills
- US citizen
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities