Bulla Gastrobar (Tampa, FL ) is HIRING!
Bulla Gastrobar (Tampa, FL )is devoted to serving unique Spanish and Catalan dishes created with the finest and freshest ingredients. While the bar at Bulla is the center of attraction, the emphasis is on quality gastronomic creations around a distinct ambiance designed to entice the senses and stimulate your appetite.
Bulla Gastrobar (Tampa, FL ) is looking for a full-time Sous Chef to join our growing team. This is primarily a supervisory and administrative job where you will be assisting the Chef Partner in menu planning, maintaining food service inventories, and upholding food service standards. This position reports directly to the Managing Partner.
We need leaders who enjoy coaching and teaching their staff to produce exceptional dining experiences and strong financial results. We deliver high standards of service, quality and pride in all that we do. If you share our passion for hospitality, we encourage you to apply!
In this role you will:
- Comply with Standards of Service and assists in assuring the same from all kitchen employees.
- Assists in managing day-to-day operations of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules, and ensure highest level of food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Participate in actual food preparation, produce food of consistently high quality, taste, and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
- Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant, and steward employees on how to handle leftover food items.
- Ensures that kitchen adhere to uniform, grooming, and appearance standards.
- In conjunction with the Chef Partner, establish goals for the kitchen; anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Establish strict adherence to health department and sanitation and food handling guidelines.
- In conjunction with the Chef Partner, ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications; train kitchen staff on all menus.
- Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns, and work to resolve problems.
- Order food, supplies, or beverages and adhere to PARs and business levels.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers, and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree preferred
- Previous culinary experience
- Preferred skills: basic math, excellent verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
What we can offer you:
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Confinement, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, and Disability insurance
- Discount on food items when you dine at any Bulla, Pisco y Nazca, and Beehive Kitchen Restaurant
A company created by foodies for foodies? That’s how we can best describe Centurion Restaurant Group. From the inviting ambiance and design of each of the restaurants to the world-class cuisine infused with authentic flavors, we deliver a distinct experience to our customers.
Why a company made up of foodies by foodies? It is our way of bringing joy, satisfaction and good vibes to those who appreciate sincere hospitality. Creating unique environments, timeless concepts and outstanding food, is embedded in our core values and mission. Under the leadership of seasoned restaurateurs, the Centurion Restaurant Group is committed to delivering the highest level of hospitality and guest experience for each of our restaurant brands.