As a firm our client are known for providing a supportive and positive place to work, with an open and collaborative culture.
On behalf of our client we have a new opportunity for a Paralegal to join the Debt Recovery Team dealing with the recovery of sums owed to clients.
You will be working in a team dealing with over 80 different Commercial Clients, acting for them in the recovery of sums owed. You will be responsible for maintaining your own caseload, included some defended matters, prioritising tasks, developing and maintaining client relationships.
This will involve:
- Having a case load of varied debt recovery matters from different clients
- Taking on and learning how to deal with small, fast and multi-track claims
- Reviewing the prospects of each case and advising client
- Issuing Court proceedings, enforcing Judgments and considering insolvency action where appropriate
- Liaising with clients, the Court, agents and debtors on a daily basis
- Dealing with the everyday admin of the caseload including Court documentation and all correspondence received
- Taking and making telephone calls to various parties
- Taking payments from debtors
- Settlement negotiations
- Maintaining a high level of client care and building on existing relationships
- It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities. You will need to be flexible to be an effective team player, but you will also get support and training from your colleagues and Manager in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team.
- It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
- You will ideally have litigation experience and ideally previous debt recovery experience.
- Have strong social skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a good aptitude for technology
- Be very goal focussed
- Enjoy the buzz of working in a high-performing team and producing great results for your clients
- Be able to remain calm, professional and polite in all circumstances
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to work under pressure
Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
- 6 GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Be keen to research any industry changes and keep up to date with new developments
- Have gained at least 6 months’ experience in an office environment
- Have used case management systems or databases in the past
- Have experience on dealing with the public either face to face or verbally over the telephone
- Have a Law degree or Common Professional Examination/Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE/GDL)
- Have litigation experience
- Have debt recovery experience
The exact benefits you would receive depend on your position, but they might include the following:
- Up to 29 working days holiday per annum
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Employee discounts
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,