Senior Application Security Architect | About Verizon Learn more about Verizon's response to COVID-19 Skip to main content About Search Careers Temple Terrace, FL Full-Time Systems & Data Security Senior Application Security Architect Senior Application Security Architect
- Temple Terrace, FL, United States
- Full-Time Systems & Data Security
- Job # 549807
- Date posted - 2020-10-01
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of technology assets and information across all Verizon networks, systems and applications. To achieve these goals, CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Application Security Architect to join our Security team.
- Lead development of security architecture and design, for a wide range of hardware/ software products and services, built for Verizon business and consumer markets.
- Lead definition of secure-SDLC (system development lifecycle) and product security maturity model, to adopt a shift-left approach to security.
- Develop security controls and processes for products developed and deployed in cloud environments.
- Develop in-depth security architecture, design and coding standards across infrastructure, application and data security, to drive a standardized set of security requirements, and align with internal policies and meet external compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Perform threat modeling, conduct reviews of security architecture and platform/service designs, and audit source code.
- Drive open innovation in product security best practices through industry collaboration.
- Provide product security related coaching and mentoring to elevate security expertise of development teams.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure and cloud applications.
- Experience in development and application security.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Security certifications: CRISC, GSEC, CISA, CISM or CISSP, or willingness to obtain within 9 months of start date.
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or Go, and at least one scripting language.
- Knowledge of web, mobile, API, Microservices, network and security architectures and design patterns.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP and OCI native security tools.
- Knowledge of application security concepts, best practices and methods.
- Knowledge of security best practices, principles, and common security frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, Common Criteria, TCSEC, OWASP, etc.
- Experience with data architecture, modeling and integration.
- Knowledge of security by design principles and architecture level security concepts.
- Knowledge of current and emerging security technologies, threats and techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with methodologies and tools, for threat analysis of complex systems, such as threat modeling and software fuzzing.
- Knowledge of developer tools and environments, project management and bug tracking systems.
- Experience building secure software based on frameworks such as OWASP, CWE, SANS, OpenSAMM, BSIMM.
- Experience with various application security tools including SAST, SCA, DAST, Penetration testing, Fuzzing etc.
- Ability to secure container-centric deployments using Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience in implementing and integrating security tools into CI/CD.
- Experience with process improvement, automation release management, and system development life cycle (Waterfall and Agile).
- Experience with Data security and Governance.
- Experience implementing quantitative risk methodologies.
- Communication, presentation and analytical skills along with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.Share this Job
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTSLearn moreLearn more about Systems & Data Security jobs Your Careers AccountCreate / update your career account Related Careers Systems & Data Security Jobs in Temple Terrace, FL Big Data Software Engineer - Temple Terrace, FL, United States Senior IAM Engineer - Temple Terrace, FL, United States Senior Security Engineer - Temple Terrace, FL, United States Show all... Services & Solutions
- Home Services
- Mobile Plans
- Small and Medium Business
- Enterprise Solutions
- Verizon Connect
- Public Sector
- Partner Solutions
- Mobile Online Support
- Home Online Support
- Contact Customer Support
- Sign in to your Account
- Store Locator
- 4G LTE
- Fiber Optics
- Multi Edge Compute (MEC)
- 5G Labs
- 5G First Responder Lab
- Verizon Ventures
- 5G Future Forum
- Verizon Digital Media Services
- Verizon Media Advertising Solutions
- Verizon Media Platform Solutions
- In the know
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information
- Terms & Conditions
- Open Internet
- Important Consumer Information
- About Our Ads
- ©2020 Verizon