Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science’s promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives.
Amgen is seeking a Finance Associate who will play a key role in the Results Delivery Office - Finance team within Amgen’s corporate strategy group. The team is responsible for driving financial assessments of high-priority corporate transformation initiatives to enable value realization.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team who will be primarily responsible for developing and executing financial analysis and business analytics. The Associate will provide vital support for cross-functional financial, analytical and reporting activities. The role will also be responsible for various aspects of the processes and project management activities for Amgen’s internal change management initiatives. This role will interact with a wide range of leadership and staff across Amgen.
- Financial modeling and data analysis to support business transformation
- Provide key support on projects; formulate and clearly deliver information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentations to Senior Management
- Help develop business cases and strategic recommendations
- Partner with business SMEs and help evaluate strategic options
- Interact with various finance groups including functional FP&A to understand impact to budget/long range plans
- Develop and use financial models to make decisions
- Track financials and prepare periodic reports for ongoing corporate initiatives
- Manage the monthly budget planning process for RDO in collaboration with Corporate FP&A
- Perform ad hoc analysis and support special projects
Associate’s degree and 4 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Finance experience
- 1+ years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- Financial, statistical or mathematical modeling experience
- Excellent Excel/ PowerPoint skills are strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including familiarity with finance and accounting terms
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally in an organization
- Strong leadership, influence, facilitation, assertiveness
- Energetic, detailed oriented, highly motivated with a “can do” outlook.
- Proven ability to work effectively in in ambiguous situations and team environment
- Business acumen & judgment to communicate and influence Sr/Executive Management
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.