Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
Salary up to $70,000 + Overtime + Benefits + 3 Weeks' Vacation!!
Our client, a well-respected law firm with a presence across Canada seeks a Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant. In this role, you would be supporting a busy lawyer with a full range of responsibilities including drafting various litigation documents, court forms and various administrative duties. The ideal candidate will have experience in commercial list procedures as well as knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure. If you are a Legal Assistant with experience in Commercial Litigation who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Drafting, preparing and proof-reading of correspondence, accounts, various litigation documents (e.g. pleadings, briefs), and court forms
- Practice administration duties including managing email and calendar accounts, electronic and hard copy filing, processing client accounts, recording meeting minutes, coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system to diarize court and court filing dates, meetings and appointments
- Filtering incoming calls, mail and email and following-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and re-routing responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness
- Other duties as assigned
- College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant
- Strong working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure is required
- Strong knowledge of commercial list and color-coding procedures is required
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to day-to-day workflow is considered an asset
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.