Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the Air Export Agent is responsible for all the aspects of assigned accounts by processing export shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods through customs and affect timely delivery. The Air Export Agent will be working closely with customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies and clients assisting with shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Responsible for all the assigned functions for export.
- Utilize all software and programs necessary to the export operations.
- Follow the supervisor’s instructions and the department procedures in accordance with Nissin Group’s corporate policies.
- Ensure to book flight arrangements that will meet customer’s requested ETA.
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports to ensure that delivery has been completed.
- Able to work within an export regulatory compliance team, performing duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions to meet customers’ expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process export documentation such as B/L and AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise including data entry and invoice process and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment, review and update notes accordingly.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in the entry data process, classification and valuation.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment follow up by proactively informing customers of the status of their shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and referring clients to the department management when his/her questions are more technical.
- Advise the department management of any delays, problems and/or questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Stay up-to-date with the knowledge in export regulations and rules to be compliant with all applicable export regulations and rules.
- Strong writing skills to compose routine notes and correspondence with the related parties involved on per shipment basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to contact with customs, other government agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and all related parties concerning the export process.
- Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues pertaining to our clients, vendors and employee’s needs.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and to achieve higher customer satisfaction.
- Help maintain a positive work environment, and high ethical and moral standards in the department.
- Report important incident/information to upper management in a timely manner and provide updates as requested.
- Work may require a short-term or long-term business trips.
- Min. AA degree, college degree preferred
- Bilingual in Japanese preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience on transportation industries preferred
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Must possess accurate Data Entry skills
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary
- Be a team player
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment
- Work Environment - The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Lifting minimum 25 lbs. Physical work may be required.
- Must operate company computers and must be able to travel occasionally and drive a car/vehicle.