Renewal by Andersen (RbA) is seeking a high performing Field Technician I for supporting our Los Angeles, CA office.
Purpose: Provide superior field support on RbA products by performing service OR doing technical measures prior to installation
- Service and repair previously installed RbA products; Analyzes customers situations, determine corrective action to be taken and verify the action has fixed the situation is as efficient and cost effective manner as possible; keep team members informed as needed of customer interactions and actions taken
- Follows established Renewal processes, making recommendations for process improvement; keeps current on RbA product and installation process changes; recommends, and may write, technical tips for Renewal installation or service; helps maintain an updated service procedure manual
- Keeps service area neat and organized; inventory service stock area of warehouse; request material replenishment as needed; provide detailed information to Customer Service Representatives.
TECHNICAL MEASURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately measure dimensions and determine installation processes for windows and doors
- Provide installation solutions that match customer expectations of cost effective, installed window and door replacements; adapts product specifications
- Confirms details within the quoted sales contract to assure customer expectations are in alignment with product and installation process
- Provide accurate measurements and documentation of job-related circumstances in a timely fashion
- Completes and submits required paperwork that is neat, accurate, thorough, and completed in a timely manner; portrays a professional image with clothing, vehicle, and personal actions within the home; provides a high level of customer satisfaction
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma.
- 2 to 3 years experience with window installation preferred
- Work experience with basic construction techniques; good knowledge of basic construction and building materials; knowledge of the terminology of the industry.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills; strong listening & empathy skills
- Demonstrated ability to confidently handle confrontation/conflicts using a tactful and diplomatic approach; Ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions.
- Diagnostic skills: assessment, problem solving and decision making
- Organizational skills for managing work schedules, job priorities, and stock levels.
- Basic math skills; legible writing.
- Initiative; ability to work independently. Flexibility; Willingness to work variable work schedules
Renewal by Andersen is the window replacement subsidiary of Andersen Corporation, a company that has revolutionized the window and door business for more than 110 years. Drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 100 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship, Renewal by Andersen was founded with the objective of creating a different and better window and door replacement experience.