We can be YOUR ideal employer! We offer:
- Years of consistent and stable growth
- Opportunity to influence client satisfaction
- Flexible work schedules and remote working options
- Relaxed dress code
- Interesting and meaningful assignments to help you fulfill your career goals
- Support to the community through our Charitable Outreach program
- Competitive pay and benefits
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in commercial construction and/or real estate taxation. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Review of tax return workpapers (digitally) and tax returns including individual, corporate and partnership entities.
- Interact with the Internal Revenue Service and State Revenue agencies on tax audits.
- Supervise & train staff on assigned projects.
- Conduct research and write memorandum on various tax issues
- Present and consult with clients regarding tax issues and other planning opportunities.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Interface with the Accounting & Audit and other departments as necessary.
- Monthly administrative duties including billing
To do this job, the candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and competing priorities
- C-Corp, S-Corp and/or partnership, trusts and individual tax return experience.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
- Ability to use standard tax and accounting software and research applications such as ProSystem fx Tax (preferred), Lacerte, CCH Axcess, and BNA.
- Must posses strong professional communication, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and research skills
- Ability to travel to client sites (occasionally non-local or overnight) for client visits, training, meetings or other business purposes.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel & CCH products
- Minimum 5 years experience in public accounting.
- National accounting firm experience a plus
- Master of Tax a plus.
- Successful practice development skills a plus
- Experience with standardized and digital workpapers a plus
Since 1968, HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors has specialized in serving the assurance and advisory, financial and tax needs of privately-held businesses and their owners throughout Southern California. The depth and breadth of our experience — which includes such ancillary services as business consulting, employee benefits and human resources services, tax planning and estate planning — make us a valuable member of our clients’ management team. We are ranked #13 in Orange County (largest single-office, OC-based CPA firm) by the Orange County Business Journal and are recognized as a top 300 and fastest-growing accounting firm by Inside Public Accounting We are a 14 partner, 95 person growing firm based in Tustin.