Accounts Payable Clerk
Corporate Office: Tustin, California
PriorityWorkforce is one of largest privately held staffing companies in California. Headquartered in Tustin, PriorityWorkforce is a sales driven company that prides itself in creating dynamic business solutions. With over 25 years of expertise specializing in Light Industrial and Skilled Labor staffing, we strive to consistently deliver that “perfect match” between our clients and our candidates.
We are looking for Leaders; the individuals who will drive our company forward. The role of the Accounts Payable Clerk involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving and processing vendor invoices, semi-monthly check runs, maintaining historical information and reconciling vendor accounts. A typical Accounts Payable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Hourly: $16-18 DOE
Ideal Traits for Success:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
· Accountability, Focus, Poise and Professionalism
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain positive and energetic.
· Superior organizational skills
· Effective problem solving- ability with the capacity for critical thinking.
· Time management (with the capability for prioritization and multi-tasking) in consistently changing environments.
· Strong sense of urgency and quality of work is required.
· Must possess a high level of confidentiality and tact when handling sensitive matters.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a vital team member of the finance team, it’s important that an Accounts Payable job description includes:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Weekly payroll tax reconciliations and payments, employee expenses and garnishments
- Preparing payment groups and processing semi-monthly check runs
- Fielding and answering all vendor phone calls and questions
- Maintaining vendor historical records
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Minimum of 1-3 years Accounts Payable Experience
- High school diploma with some college preferred
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Office experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter attitude and able to work independently is required
· Valid driver’s license