Location: Not Specified
Applications Analyst (financial systems) - Perm role - 45k to 50k per year
Purpose of the role
To maintain, support and be the Firm's internal expert on client-driven application suites and service line applications/systems. To grow awareness and understanding of how the applications, systems and application suites are used to deliver services to our internal and external clients. Ensuring availability and performance of systems and services through a process of continual improvement.
The Applications team are responsible for the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm's applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
Primary Support Role
- To be the primary technical contact for the Firm's systems and client applications suite. The main contact in respect of deploying, developing, maintaining the system whilst providing support and operating business continuity, change management and release management processes.
- To maintain the Firm's systems and client applications in line with our Information Security policy and Cyber Essentials Plus requirements - to manage and deliver projects in respect of upgrades, maintenance, system performance and measurement, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate.
- To be the technical lead in respect of upgrades to systems, including access via remote desktop and mobile applications, including as part of office expansion or office move projects, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate.
- To contribute to the roadmap for continuous improvement, innovation, evolution, and suitable replacement when/where necessary, of the systems.
- To standardise the systems considering regional needs.
- Developing and undertaking regular pro-active (BAU) activities to ensure the availability, integrity and performance of systems and services to the standard defined for each system or service.
- Providing reporting on the availability, integrity and performance of the systems and services. Ensuring monitoring is in place for all production services to the standard defined for each system or service.
- Acting as an escalation point of internal support for colleagues as subject matter expert; incorporating remedies to reported issues and improvements to the systems and services and sharing solutions with colleagues.
- Assisting with establishing and proving of recovery methods for all systems and services.
- Sponsors Owners and Super User relationship management.
Maintenance and support
- To develop a very detailed understanding of the components that make up the systems, their purpose and their capacity and performance levels to provide a solid basis for high performing systems.
- To maintain the catalogue and configuration management process for the systems.
- To proactively manage systems and services (including version levels).
- To lead and provide specific, technical support for the systems, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate.
- To grow an awareness and understanding of the related systems, architecture and processes across the firm's technology estate, including integrations between systems.
- Development (continuous improvement) of the systems and applications.
- Responding to escalated calls from colleagues or direct enquiries from users. Logging and updating calls in a timely manner as per the agreed processes. Communicating solutions to colleagues and end users; providing timely communication to all involved parties.
- Assisting team and department members in all aspects of Operational Support.
- Regular monitoring (including morning health checks) of all Infrastructure and services under management of the Infrastructure team.
- Using acquired knowledge of the business and IT infrastructure to assisting with general IT initiatives and support requests as required from time to time.
- Participating in planned maintenance and disaster recovery activities, including out of hours works.
- Escalating issues as appropriate in a timely manner.
- To contribute to operational handover / service introduction documentation and training material, in conjunction with the IT Training team, to the IT team as deployments and upgrades dictate.
- To contribute to guidance for the IT Team and the Firm as a whole on best practice for administration and use of the systems.
Systems and Application Portfolios
- MS Windows 10
- MS Office Suite
- Windows Server
- Primary focus: Various Accounts applications eg Sage, Quickbooks, KeyPrime, Farmplan, Xero etc.
- Secondary Focus: Wolters Kluwer suite (CCH AA, CCH AP, CCH PT and CCH TA), Alphatax and Alphabridge
- Payroll applications eg Star Payroll, SmarterPay BACS processing
Education and experience required
- Knowledge and support experience of Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems
- Active Directory and security principles
- Ideally knowledge of, and experience working with, ITIL processes, procedures and toolsets.
- Understanding of server infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in preparing documentation and guidance for others.
- Experience in preparing technical documentation for the applications team.
- Experience in related supplier management, with vendors and resellers.
UAT test scripts, process, policies and quality assurance
- Writing User Acceptance Test Scripts, based on existing User Stories and IT Training materials.
- Define the policies and process to be used during the UAT phase of software and system change.
- Integrate and embed UAT processes into the IT development lifecycle and Release Management.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and oversight of testing quality......
To view & apply for jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country, tap here: