Cate Industrial Solutions is a Master Distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air systems and equipment covering Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. We are a third-generation family owned and operated business that has been around for over 80 years. We are currently looking to fill the role of a Service Technician.
· Area leader in compressed air system sales, parts, and service.
· Comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation.
· Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply).
· Continuing opportunities for career development and promotions.
· Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
· World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training.
· Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance.
· Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone.
· Perform shop and field repairs, machine troubleshooting, break fix issues, as well as preventative maintenance on air compressors and air system components.
Piping and system installation skills, ability to work with copper and pro press fittings is a bonus.
· Reporting of system diagnosis and problems to Service Manager including proper documentation and write ups of field visits.
· Submission of leads generated on site to Service Administrator.
· Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
· Ability to work within scheduled parameters including on call after hours’ availability as well as on holidays and weekends when scheduled to be on call.
· Understanding and working knowledge of both mechanical and electrical intricacies of compressed air systems and the repair of such.
· Capacity to research and understand operational manuals, schematics, diagrams and work orders as required.
· Proficiency in use of power tools, meters, cranes/hoists, and other items necessary for compressor diagnosis and repair.
· Provide personal tools necessary to complete job functions.
· Comply with all safety rules and regulations both within the company premises as well as on client property. Including following client specific on site training's.
· Enrollment and participation in continued compressed air training provided by Cate Industrial and Ingersoll Rand.
· Proper and safe use of company vehicle. Towing of trailer/compressors as necessary.
· Able to perform physical labor including lifting/moving of heavy objects up to 100 lbs., prolonged standing, sitting, bending, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and reaching.
· Maintain work area and vehicle in clean and orderly condition.
· Availability to travel and stay overnight if required for jobs.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Basic computers skills and aptitude.
· EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification preferred).
· 3-5 min years of compressed air experience or equivalent industry exposure (HVAC experience a plus)
· Valid driver’s license that is in good standing.
· Drug free work environment. Must pass drug test at any time during employment.
· Positive attitude and ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain and strengthen customer relationships as well as representation of Cate Industrial.
· Team player.Company Description
Cate Industrial Solutions provides sales, parts, and service to the commercial and industrial compressed air industry, and we have been in business over 80 years.