The Tankwagon Drivers’ primary responsibility is to load and deliver bulk fuel and oil products to various customers locations in an environmentally safe, efficient and timely manner while maintaining a high degree of safety and customer service. As an employee of RelaDyne, he/she will take part in “creating a business atmosphere through superior service, openness and trust, thereby improving our potential for additional sales and mutual profitability with our Customers.”
Accountability and Specific Duties
The Tankwagon Driver:
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below) and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Delivers bulk fuel, packaged fuel and oil to various customers.
- Delivers product on time while practicing all safe procedures in compliance with state and federal regulations and all Company operational and safety policies and procedures.
- Records beginning and ending tank readings for fuel deliveries and maintaining a clear record of deliveries, to be reconciled with loads and turned in each day (sales orders and inspection sheets).
- Performs daily safety check on delivery truck, reporting any problems to supervisor for immediate correction as required for safety. Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck. Also performs a post trip inspection.
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle problems and Report any accident or incident to supervisor immediately.
- Ensures truck is loaded properly with correct and adequate product prior to facility departure, records quantity loaded,
- Connects hose to tank and opens valves, loading and unloading without spilling or contaminating products in all types of weather conditions. Records amount delivered and issues ticket to customer.
- Lifts and moves hoses, climbs ladders and performs other duties as necessary for delivery in a variety of weather conditions and extremes.
- Maintains a clear record of deliveries, to be reconciled with loads.
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVCRs (Pre and Post Trips), Tankwagon Activity Report, Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures fuel tickets match orders.
- Has, maintains and uses all applicable safety equipment, including steel toed boots, during the performance of duties.
- Drives safely and courteously at all times, recognizing that the vehicle/driver are visible symbols of RelaDyne to the public and all customers
- Cleans cab, washes truck and performs other routine maintenance on truck as needed or instructed.
- Ensures truck is fueled at the end of the day for next day use.
- Maintains driver log to DOT standards.
- Informs Dispatcher and Supervisor immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues.
- Drives safely and conscientiously at all times, mindful of DOT standards.
- Operates equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Obeys all applicable traffic laws at all times and maintains safe driving dependent on road conditions.
- Keeps Dispatcher/Supervisor informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries
- Maintains clean professional appearance as on-site representative of RelaDyne.
- Reports any accident or incident or injury/illness to supervisor immediately.
- Always provides cheerful, professional customer service.
- Responds to all customers’ needs quickly and efficiently.
- Treats clients and coworkers with respect and courtesy.
- Performs additional duties as needed and assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Judgment and Reasoning
- This position must be able to apply common sense and training to carry out detail written or oral instructions with frequent interruption.
- Must practice safe and courteous driving skills when in company vehicle.
- Must be able to analyze situations for safety and practicability and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in fairly standardized situations.
- This person must demonstrate a professional, courteous demeanor to both customers and coworkers and keep safety in mind at all times.
- Must be sensitive to time and deadlines and able to make changes as needed on the fly, as customers’ needs may change.
Requirements: Certificates, Licensing, Education and Experience
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (state and class will depend on the location),
- Tanker and HazMat endorsements. This must be kept current.
- Valid DOT medical card, also to be kept current.
- Forklift certification may or may not be required.
- Requires, at minimum, one year of DOT driving. (Prefer experience with fuel or other hazardous materials.)
- Driver must be familiar with DOT regulations and tanker safety.
- Basic mechanical skills will be needed and used in the logistics of fuel delivery, the logistics of loading/unloading and truck maintenance.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business, safety, and professional documents, as well as government regulations.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as road signs, routes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and delivery orders.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret business, safety, and professional documents, as well as government regulations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide as well as understand and calculate volume, weight and percentages. Other basic math skills may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drivers need to be able to climb a portable ladder with approximately 25 pounds of gear. The portable ladders required for this job are rated for a maximum intended load of 300 pounds or 375 pounds (depending on the ladder). To comply with OSHA rules, the combined weight of the driver and his/her gear cannot exceed the ladders’ maximum intended load of 300 pounds or 375 pounds (depending on the ladder). Drivers must comply with the OSHA requirements and may not use a ladder beyond its rated capacity. Persons unable to comply with these safety standards are not qualified for this position.
As this is a physically demanding and labor intensive position, the driver must be in relatively good physical shape and be able to provide a valid DOT Medical Certificate. The driver will need to be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, carry various weights, crouch, crawl, kneel and stoop. Balance will be required as well as a sense of smell. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The driver will need to be able to use hands and arms and be able talk and hear clearly. The weights required will be up to 50 pounds for up to 2/3 of the time. Sitting for long periods of time while driving may be required. Good natural or corrected vision will include clear vision at 20” or less, clear vision at 20’ or more, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require physically demanding work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions, including extremes. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and with potentially flammable chemicals and explosives. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The general work environment will be in a truck or at worksites, performing outdoor deliveries, to include exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level will be loud and vibration in driving present. The noise level will be generally moderate and occasionally loud. Truck operation will be loud, moderate vibration associated with extended driving conditions. The hours will generally be 5 days on, with possibly varying hours, and 2 days off. The schedule will include weekends and holidays, as scheduled.
This position will require the ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing random drug screens. The incumbent will be exposed to privileged and confidential information and must possess a high degree of discretion, as well as being extremely safety and quality conscious. As a visible representative of RelaDyne, the driver must maintain a clean and professional image and courteous demeanor, inside and outside the truck. The position will require a high degree of self motivation and organization, as supervision will be minimal, though all deliveries are expected to be made in a timely manner and monitored.
This description is meant to be a guideline, though is in no way to be considered to be complete. There will be other duties as needed and the expanding scope of business may necessitate the addition or deletion of duties as time goes on.Company Description
RelaDyne is a leading distributor of packaged and bulk oils, lubricants, fuels diesel exhaust fluid and industrial reliability services nation wide. With a growing footprint, we offer quality products and services to meet lubrication needs in the automotive, commercial and industrial segments.
Our world-class alliances with the major manufacturers bring multiple products, including our RelaDyne national brands to our customers. We help them increase efficiencies and improve profitability with our world-class offering of solution-driven products and services.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, we have grown to over 70 branch locations in 20 states. We are hiring for multiple positions in multiple locations! We want the right people with a wide variety of skills and expertise – to meet those critical needs. It takes people who are committed to getting the job done, and done well every time. Are you that /employment